Here’s one more car to join sub-4-metre race, Volkswagen has confirmed that they are developing a sub-four-metre Vento for the Indian market. The Vento CS (the possible name for the shortened Vento sedan) will be slot between the Polo hatch and the Vento sedan, with a price range of Rs. 6-7 lakhs. Since we have no idea what the Vento CS will look like, BharathAutos designer Azfar Ahmed has rendered one up for us.
“This is one possibility we are looking at,” said Ulrich Hackenberg, R&D chief at Volkswagen.
They have powertrains ready for lower excise eligibility. The 1.2-liter petrol and diesel engines on the Polo can be used to complete the formalities. The boot could be smaller, and by retaining the Polo’s wheelbase, a car ready to take on the likes of the Honda Brio Amaze and Maruti Swift Dzire is prepared.
However, the Vento CS is only set to debut in 2014 or beyond in India. Volkswagen is also considering to maximize the Polo/Vento (PQ25) platform as much as possible by developing other body styles for segments where it is absent. A compact SUV and even an MPV based on the PQ25 platforms are also being considered.
Stay tune with bharathautos.com for more info on the Vento CS.
Also see other upcoming compact sedan’s –
- 2014 Hyundai i10 Compact Sedan’s rendered picture
- Maruti Suzuki to re-launch Swift DZire to challenge Amaze
- HM plans to launch facelift and shortened version of Amby
- Spy Shots – Firstever snaps of Honda Brio Amaze on Indian soil
- 2014 Ford Figo on the works, also could spawn a compact sedan
- Tata Motors plans to launch Manza Compact Sedan by end-2013
- Hyundai i20 Compact Sedan in the works, India launch end-2013
- Toyota Etios Compact Sedan in the works, India launch mid-2013
- Tata Nano Compact Sedan in the works, alongside a facelift version
- Mahindra Verito Compact Sedan scheduled to launch in March-2013
Source – AutoCarIndia