The wait is finally over, Bajaj Auto have just launched the much-awaited 2012 edition of the Ninja 650R in India for a smashing price of Rs 4,99,834 (ex-showroom Delhi) and goes on sale backed by Bajaj’s vast, proven Probiking sales and service. The bike will be sold in India exclusively in Kawasaki’s trademark green colour. Ever since the 2012 650R was launched globally by the Japanese motorcycle marque, we knew it was enroute to India but had no idea when it would make its appearance.
Cosmetically the 2012 Ninja 650 gets a sharper look, adjustable windscreen visor, new instrument cluster, new exhaust, a taller tank, split seat and revised suspension setup. Sporting a liquid cooled 649cc DOHC mill which produces 71PS and 66Nm of power and torque respectively, the new Ninja subscribes well to its sports-tourer tag. We are sure that like its previous version, the 2012 Ninja is a completely well rounded package as nothing much has changed mechanically.
Details revealed at the launch event in Pune –
- 2012 Ninja 650R is officially called the Kawasaki Ninja 650
- The Ninja 650 bookings will start from August 14 with deliveries to begin in 4-5 weeks
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is priced at Rs 4,99,834 (ex-showroom Delhi), On-Road price to be below Rs. 5.5 lakh
- As of now, Ninja 650 will be available in only Green color options in India
- Currently no plans to bring a Naked version on the 2012 Ninja 650 in India
- This is a Non-ABS version which has been launched in India
- Largest dealer network for premium bikes with 62 KTM-Kawasaki dealers in India
See more pictures of 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R –