According to unconfirmed reports trickling out in Internet suggest the new Safari Merlin launch scheduled for end-September. Now IAB reader Kapil Jagtap has shot some spy snaps of the Safari Merlin, but this time it is special the exclusive spy shots of the interior of Tata Safari Merlin. The pictures provide a comprehensive look at the product.
We expected Aria like interiors for the new Safari Merlin, now it’s depressing because the spyshots reveal the inside is more or less the same like the old Safari.
Features revealed from the IAB images –
- The steering wheel will be leather wrapped
- The new Safari will have Airbags like the old one, Notice the new gear lever and console
- The stereo in this test mule looks like an aftermarket pioneer unit
- There is no low ratio gearbox
- There is a storage pocket above the central AC vents
- It will not have a dead pedal
- It may not have steering mounted controls
- The rear seats have been redesigned
Expect Tata Motors to launch Safari Merlin with a priced slightly over Rs 10 lakhs. It will make it the ultimate Force One/Mahindra’s XUV500 alternative. From the side profile, the SUV looks very much similar to the current generation Safari. (More images see after the jump).
Also see – Spied – 2011 Tata Safari Merlin in Pune
More spied pictures of Tata Safari Merlin –
Source – IndianAutosBlog