After a decade, Toyota launched a redesigned Land Cruiser for the 2008 model year. The Land Cruiser turns four years old in 2012 and a mid-life cosmetic operation is in order. The powerful SUV with an imposing stance had been introduced at an equally bulky price tag of Rs 81.64 Lakhs for its base variant. The new Land Cruiser is expected to adorn quite a few redesigned features.
Noticeable change in the upcoming Toyota Land Cruiser facelift are the side rear view mirrors are sprinkled with chrome for a glossy finish. The all new grille is different as is essential with any makeover to bring about any change is the fascia worth mentioning. The redesigned headlamps practically match up with the grille design. The bumper looks different this time as if the air duct is pulled down with gravity with the vertical fog lamps on either side to finish the premium looking SUV a little more of an expert touch.
The engine remains the same 4.5-litre V8 Twin Turbo Diesel which splashes out 285 Bhp peak power and 650 Nm top torque output. The 6-speed automatic gearbox together with the majestic engine offers a smooth drive efficiently zooming its way into the every nook and corner of the cities. The Land Cruiser can transport as many as eight or nine passengers with its variable seating configurations.
Key Features 2012 Toyota Landcruiser –
- 4.5L V8 Twin Turbo Diesel
- 195kW of power/650 Nm Torque (Twin Turbo Diesel)
- Full time 4WD
- CRAWL control
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist (BA)
- 18 inch Alloy wheels (VX & Sahara)*
- In-dash 6 CD audio with 6 speakers and audio input (EMV Navigation plus 6 DVD and 9-speaker audio on Sahara)
- Bluetooth™## capabilities
- Leather accented interior (VX & Sahara)
- 10 airbags (VX & Sahara) GXL 6 airbags
- Dual zone front climate control air conditioning with pollen filter (4 zone on Sahara)
- Smart Start and Smart Entry
- Alarm system (VX & Sahara)
- Rear spoiler