Land Rover has launched its latest compact SUV Range Rover Evoque in India at Mumbai on 4th November 2011. The Evoque is launched at a starting price of Rs 56.91 lakh (all prices on-road Mumbai) in three diesel options and one petrol option. One can choose between three-door coupé and five-door SUV body styles in a wide choice of colours and trims.
The three-door Evoque, retailing at Rs 72.08 lakh, is only available in the top-end Dynamic trim with a 2.0-litre, 237bhp turbo-petrol. The five-door SUV will be offered in three trims — Pure, Prestige and Dynamic — and a 2.2-litre, 187bhp common-rail, turbo-diesel. Both engines are mated to a six-speed auto and power all four wheels.
The five-door Pure, priced at Rs 56.91 lakh, is the base version but is quite well equipped. Standard features are Range Rover’s Terrain Response off-road system, cruise control, a fixed panoramic glass roof, Xenon headlamps, 17-inch alloy wheels, keyless go, climate control, electric adjust front seats, leather seats, paddle-shifters, 8-inch touch screen, Bluetooth connectivity with audio streaming and an 11-speaker Meridian audio system.
The Prestige variant gets a luxury interior and exterior styling kit, 18-inch alloy wheels, premium leather seats, contrast-painted roof and keyless entry. Priced at Rs 64.73 lakh, the Dynamic variant comes with everything the Pure and Prestige have, along with a sporty exterior and interior styling kit and perforated leather seats.
“The Range Rover Evoque is a very important addition to the Land Rover and Range Rover product portfolio and I am delighted to be present at such a significant launch. This car has excited audiences across the world and we expect the same from the discerning India customers”, P M Telang, MD – India operations, Tata Motors said.
Initially the car is going to be imported via the CBU route which localization plans are from 2013. 3 new showrooms are going to come up to take care of the sales apart from the 9 already existing outlets. The company officials state that there is a strong and equal demand for all the 3 models.
There are no plans to introduce the front-wheel-drive Evoque in the near future.
Features of Range Rover Evoque in India –
- Bold and sophisticated in design
- Optimizes performance and capability in all on and off-road conditions
- Terrain Response technology – adapts Range Rover Evoque’s engine, transmission and electronic systems to maximize drivability, comfort and traction
- Terrain Response settings: General Driving, Grass/Gravel/Snow, Mud & Ruts and Sand
- State-of-the-art connectivity
- Bluetooth for both hands free connection
- Connectivity for iPod, MP3 and USB memory stick
- Sound System by “Meridian” – a world leader in audio technologies and digital sound processing
- 380W Meridian Sound System features 12 channels and 11 loudspeakers including a dual-channel subwoofer
- Rear Seat Entertainment System (Optional) has the ability to play high quality DVD Video and route it through the 8-inch screens located in the back of the front headrests as well as to the front seat passenger’s display on the Touch-screen
Technical Specifications of Range Rover Evoque in India –
Range Rover Evoque Diesel Engine Specifications
- 2.2 Litre CRDI Diesel Engine
- 4 Cylinder Inline Engine
- 4 Valves Per Cylinder
- Max Power 187.4 BHP @ 3500 RPM
- Max Torque of 420 Nm @ 1750 RPM
Range Rover Evoque Petrol Engine Specifications
- 2.0 Litre MPFI Petrol Engine
- 4 Cylinder Inline Engine
- 4 Valves Per Cylinder
- Max Power 237 BHP @ 5500 RPM
- Max Torque of 340 Nm @ 1750 RPM
Range Rover Evoque General Specifications
- Front mounted transverse engine configuration
- All time 4 Wheel Drive System
- 6 Speed Automatic Transmission System
- 6 Airbags for safety
- ABS with EBD
- Kerb Weight = 1675 Kg Diesel and 1630 Kg for Petrol variant
- 17 inch 10 spoke alloy wheels on Pure variant
- 18 inch 7 spoke alloy wheel on Prestige and Dynamic variant
Exterior and Interior shades of Range Rover Evoque available in India –
11 Exteriors shades available on Range Rover Evoque in India
- Fuji White
- Indus Silver
- Santorini Black
- Galway Green
- Orkeny Grey
- Sumatra Black
- Impanema Sand
- Firenze Red
- Colima Lime
- Baltic Blue
- Buckingham Blue
12 Interiors shades available on Range Rover Evoque in India
Range Rover Evoque Variants available in India –
The Range Rover Evoque comes in 4 variants (three Diesel and one petrol). The Diesel Engine option trim levels are Pure (Base variant), Prestige (Mid Variant) and Dynamic (Fully Loaded variant). The Petrol variant comes only in the fully loaded Dynamic variant.
“The purest expression of the LRX Concept, this minimalist masterpiece combines sleek lines with simple forms in its elegant cabin. Once inside, brushed aluminium finishes, full grained leather interiors and a neutral palette will instantly give you the sense that less is definitely more.”
“The ultimate in luxury, this sophisticated style icon takes indulgence to another level. Featuring an enhanced exterior, 18-inch alloys and the finest interior finishes including real wood, brushed aluminium and Oxford leather, it really is all about you.”
“Athletic and assertive, this sporty contender steps up to the plate. With its muscular exterior, aggressive bumpers, grille and tailpipes and premium leather sports interior, you can be sure to make an impression, a statement, an entrance (or all of the above).”
Also see – Spied – Range Rover Evoque in Pune
See more pictures of Range Rover Evoque –