This is probably the last piece we’ll be writing on the new Scorpio before the official launch report tomorrow. Ahead of its launch, our good friends at IndianAutosBlog have managed scan the latest Scorpio brochure, and there are plenty of details about the different trim levels and the amount of standard kit on offer.
New Mahindra Scorpio (facelift) – Scan brochure
The new Scorpio will be available with two diesel engine options that have been carried over from the outgoing model. Buyers can choose between a 2.5-litre, four cylinder m2DiCr engine and the more powerful 2.2-litre mHawk engine.
The 2.5-litre m2DiCr engine will power the base S2 trim, while the 2.2-litre mHawk mill will power the S4, S6, S6 Plus, S8 and the S10 trims.
1. S2 variant – The entry-level S2 trim comes equipped with only the basic necessities like air-conditioning, power steering, power windows, central locking and 15-inch steel wheels.
2. S4 variant – The next trim S4 gets all the features of the S2 trim and comes with a tilt adjustable steering wheel and bigger 17-inch steel rims.
3. S6 variant – The S6 trim carries all the features of the lower trims and additionally gets an 2-DIN music system, remote central locking, sliding seats for the middle row, rear wiper and defogger. Furthermore, it gets a body colored door handles, wing mirrors, rear spoiler and a roof rack.
4. S6+ variant – The S6+ trim, apart from carrying over the features of the S6 comes with a dual airbags (driver and front passenger) and ABS.
5. S8 variant – In addition to these features present on the S6+ trim, the higher Scorpio S8 gets electrically adjustable wing mirrors, front fog lamps, projector headlamps, rear parking sensors, a voice assist system, silver skid plate and 17-inch alloy wheels.
6. S10 variant – The top-of-the-line S10 trim comes loaded all the above features, and additionally gets static bending technology-equipped projector headlamps, follow-me-home headlamps, tyre pressure warning system, speed alert system along with rain and light sensors. On the inside, it gets cruise control, steering mounted audio controls, a touch-screen infotainment system with GPS, automatic climate control and height adjustable drivers seat. Furthermore, there’s chrome garnishing on the front grille and AC vents along with LED strips on the headlamps.
New Mahindra Scorpio (facelift) – 1 Day to go!
Only the base S2 and the top-of-the-line S10 get Mahindra’s micro hybrid technology. The company is also offering shift-on-fly four-wheel-drive system as a paid option only on the S4 and S10 trims. Thus, one doesn’t need to go for the top trim in order to get a four-wheel-drive system as standard.
New Mahindra Scorpio is expected to be priced around Rs 30-50,000 higher than the outgoing model.
To read more on Mahindra Scorpio, Click here
Also see – Mahindra Scorpio facelift – new-gen reveals interior
First look at the new Mahindra Scorpio facelift, it’s coming on September 25!
Source – IndianAutoBlog