Here’s the first look at the Mahindra Scorpio facelift, as captured by our friends at Team-Bhp. The new Mahindra Scorpio will launch on the 25th of September at an event in Mumbai and bookings for the SUV has already commenced for an amount of Rs. 20,000 (including online bookings on e-commerce website Snapdeal).
Mahindra Scorpio facelift – FrontView
The new-gen Scorpio will be available in six trims (S2, S4, S6, S6+, S8 and S10) with two engine options and 7, 8 and 9 seater configurations. All variants come in five colours – Mist Silver, Diamond White, Fiery Black, Molten Red & Regal Blue – the last two being new colours. Prices and other details of the new Scorpio would be revealed during its launch.
The features & seating configuration of the Mahindra Scorpio facelift variant wise –
- S2 variant – Is the entry level variant with the m2DiCr engine (2.5-litre 75 bhp engine), 7-seater and 9-seater (side facing) configurations
- S4 variant – Is the entry level variant with mHawk engine (2.2-litre 120 bhp engine), 7-seater and 9-seater (side facing) configurations
- S6 variant – This variant would have a 2DIN audio system & the exteriors would be body coloured, 7-seater (side facing) and 8-seater (front facing) configurations
- S6+ variant – This variant would have Driver Airbag & ABS, 7-seater (side facing) and 8-seater (front facing) configurations
- S8 variant – This variant would have Dual Airbags and ABS as standard fitment. It would also come with alloys, 7-seater (side facing), 7-seater (captain seats) & 8-seater (front facing) configurations
- S10 variant – This is our top end variant and would include Dual Airbags, ABS, Alloys, an advanced touch-screen infotainment system, Rain & Light sensors, Steering mounted Audio & Cruise controls, Reverse Parking Assist, Micro-Hybrid technology and a lot more exciting features, 7-seater (side facing), 7-seater (captain seats) and 8-seater (front facing) configurations
Coming to the spy pictures, the front might look acceptable to many – but the rear seems a bit overly done. The front gets double barrel headlamps (projector in the top-end variant) with Daytime Running Lights (DRLs), restyled grille and bumper design. Changes to the sheet metal include on a bonnet, fenders and trunk lid. The new Scorpio also gets a revised wheel arches and 5-spoke alloy wheels that make the vehicle look macho.
The interesting part of the new Scorpio is at the rear, Mahindra has replaced the X’mas tree like tail lights with the regular ones, but what’s that blue colouring in the tail light? The black finish in the trunk lid has been incorporated well, than again what’s the handle doing above the tail lights? Is new Scorpio the 11-seater vehicle 😉 !
Mahindra Scorpio facelift – RearView
On the inside, the new Scorpio gets a refreshed dashboard with chrome-lined air conditioning vents and buttons for the automatic climate control. The 6” inch touch-screen infotainment system has also been carried over from the XUV5oo featuring navigation system and the rear view camera display. Additionally, the controls for the power windows are likely to be moved from the centre console to the door panels.
As said above, the new Scorpio will use the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine from the outgoing model, similarly the base variant too will still come with the 2.5-litre m2Dicr engine. All variants will be rear wheel driven and will use 5-speed manual transmissions. The four-wheel-drive and automatic transmission equipped Scorpio facelift variants will launched in due course of time.
To read more on Mahindra Scorpio, Click here
Also see – Mahindra Scorpio facelift spotted again – to get redesigned dashboard!
Source – Team-BHP