Hero MotoCorp has also launched a new special edition of Splendor Pro called Gold Edition, which marks the 20th anniversary of Splendor. The Splendor was launched back in 1993 by Hero Honda (now Hero MotoCorp). Hero sells over a million Splendor motorcycles every year since 2009. Hero Splendor is also the largest selling motorcycle in the world.
The Splendor was the first motorcycle in India to be available with four-stroke technology.
To celebrate the 20th anniversary of this 97cc icon, Hero has now launched a special edition Splendor Pro Gold in India. This new edition features a special new logo above its headlight. You can also find the same mention of ‘Special Edition’ on the side. Apart from these notifications, Hero Splendor Pro Gold Special Edition will be available in a new gold color.
Special Edition Splendor Pro is priced close to Rs 48,500 (ex-showroom Delhi), which is Rs 1,000 more than the normal Splendor Pro. The Splendor Pro comes with Kick start / Self start, Alloy wheels and a slightly better looking instrument console as compared to the Splendor Plus. The Splendor Pro is available in four variants: Kick Spoke, Kick Cast, Self Spoke and Self Cast.
Hero Splendor is equipped with APDV 97cc engine and develops a max power of 7.8 Ps @ 7500 rpm and max torque of 8.04 N-m @ 4500 rpm. In Honda’s official website a teaser image of their upcoming 100cc entry level commuter motorcycle pop’s-up. It is speculated to be launched today and directly compete with the Hero Splendor in 100cc entry level commuter bike segment.
Hero MotoCorp Splendor milestones –
- 1994 – Marks the journey of the Splendor in India. Hero Honda (now Hero MotoCorp launches an all-new model)
- 2000 – The Splendor brand became the World No. 1′ – largest selling single motorcycle
- 2003 – The motorcycle emerged as the World’s largest selling model third time in a row
- Hero launches new model Splendor + based on the same platform
- 2004 – Crosses the 5 million sales mark in India
- 2005 – Super Splendor with 125 Quantum Core engine launched
- 2007 – New Splendor NXG launched and a power start variant was introduced in 2008
- 2009 – Hero completes 11 million production of the most trusted brand Splendor
- 2010 – Splendor Pro introduced and the same year also saw the launch of the refreshed Super Splendor
Check out another picture below the jump.