Automated Manual Transmission is becoming a latest trend that is widely being followed by major automakers. Some of the most celebrated car manufacturers are now introducing cars with AMT feature that enhances the driving experience. 2014 is coming up as the year of the ATM gearbox. Let us have a look at some of the car makers and their products that feature AMT;
- Maruti Suzuki: ‘first product to feature AMT gearbox was its recently launched Celerio. The car has been received well by the audience. The AMT version of the car have been responsible for the 51% of the sales. Maruti is now planning to introduce this gearbox in Alto K10 and WagonR as well.
- Tata Motors: This car manufacturing giant is testing AMT gearboxes on its two cars Zest diesel and Nano Twist Active. Tata is also contemplating to add this feature in its other cars as well. The company had already showcased its Nano featuring F-Tronic ATM gearbox at the 2014 Auto Expo.
- Fiat: Fiat owns Magneti Marelli, an Italy based manufacturer that develops ATM gearboxes. Major car manufacturers will be using the ATM gearboxes designed by this company. The auto maker is planning to intro this feature in its Linea and Punto cars.
- Volkswagen: The Germany based auto maker is planning to bring AMT gearboxes in its vehicles, too. The VW Polo and VW Vento are expected to be the first cars to feature it. Volkswagen is already offering Automated Manual Transmission equipped Up! in the European market.
- Mahindra: The auto maker’s new version of Quanto is expected to come with an AMT gearbox. If the response is good, the company will add this feature in its other vehicles as well. The Mahindra Quanto featuring AMT gearbox was first displayed at the 2014 Auto Expo.
Alongside the above car manufacturers, TVS Motors too showcased the Graphite scooter with an AMT (Automatic Manual Transmission) unit at 2014 Auto Expo.
Also see – New Tata Nano Twist F-Tronic Concept
Source – MotorBeam