Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has launched the Etios Diesel sedan and Etios Liva Diesel hatchback in India in an official launch event held in New Delhi, India on 9th September 2011. The Etios Diesel Sedan has been priced starting from Rs. 6.44 Lakhs and comes in three variants GD, VD and VDX. The Etios Liva Diesel Hatchback has been priced starting at Rs. 5.54 Lakhs and comes in only one variant GD.
Both cars get the same four-cylinder, 1.4-litre D4D powerplant that’s in the Toyota Corolla Altis. Unlike the Altis, though, this motor uses a fixed geometry turbo and different gear ratios in order to cut costs. Power output, at 67bhp and 17.34kgm of torque, is also less than the Altis. According to Toyota, the Etios siblings deliver an ARAI-claimed fuel economy of 23.59kpl.
In Etios sedan GD is the base model with electric power steering as a standard and airbags and ABS as optional. VD and VXD will sport 15-inch alloy wheels as opposed to 14-inch steel wheels for GD variant. Tachometer is missing in the GD variant and seen on VD and VXD variants. Rest of the features are similar to the petrol model. Etios Liva hatchback will be available only in one variant and has all features similar to its petrol sibling. Most of the features offered by Toyota are optional on the Liva like ABS and airbags.
Prices of Toyota Etios Diesel Sedan in India –
- Toyota Etios Diesel GD Variant is priced at Rs. 6.44 Lakhs
- Toyota Etios Diesel GD (SP) Variant is priced at Rs. 6.90 Lakhs
- Toyota Etios Diesel VD Variant is priced at Rs. 7.41 Lakhs
- Toyota Etios Diesel VDX Variant is priced at Rs. 7.87 Lakhs
Prices Toyota Etios Liva Diesel Hatchback in India –
- Toyota Etios Diesel GD Variant is priced at Rs. 5.54 Lakhs
- Toyota Etios Diesel GD (SP) Variant is priced at Rs. 5.84 Lakhs