The Mahindra Xylo has been caught numerous times on the Indian roads. Now thanks to both TheAutomotiveIndia and Tanay Agarwal an advent follower of the NDTV Car and Bike show for the spy pictures of Mahindra mini Xylo at various places in India. We have heard from some sources that the launch is scheduled for March 2012.
Industry sources confirmed the Mahindra Mini Xylo codenamed U203 will be powered by a 1.5 litre diesel engine and will be less than 4 meters long to avail the excise duty cut. On the performance yard stick it is said that this engine will produce around 70 BHP and 160 Nm of torque. This will make the Xylo Mini one of the most efficient and affordable SUVs in the country.
Some features of Mahindra Mini Xylo revealed –
- The Mini Xylo will get a 3-cylinder diesel engine
- 5 speed manual transmission
- Rear-wheel drive configuration
- 5 and 7 seat configuration (third row seats mainly for children)
- Boot space is comparable to a large hatchback
- Tyres 14inch
- Interiors will be same as the current Xylo
- Mileage close to 18 kmpl
See spy video of Mahindra mini Xylo –