Previously the petrol prices hiked a couple of months ago, the steepest ever increase of Rs 7.50 per litre and there after the prices were slashed by Rs 2 on early-June and Rs 2.46 on end-June respectively. Again we have some bad news for petrol car and motorcycle users across India, the petrol prices has been hiked by 70 paise per litre from yesterday, citing increasing international oil prices and decline in the rupee’s value.
Speaking about the same, Indian Oil Corporation said “It has been decided by Indian Oil Corporation to increase MS (motor spirit) prices by Rs.0.70 per litre (excluding state levies) with effect from midnight of July 23.” They added “The said revision has been necessitated due to increasing international oil prices and movement in INR-USD exchange rate.”
However, the increase in petrol price varies from 70 paise to 91 paise per litre, depending upon local taxes in different states across India, the petrol prices of important metro cities in India are as follows –
- Petrol Price in Delhi will be Rs 68.48 up from Rs 67.78 per litre
- Petrol Price in Mumbai will be Rs 74.23 up from Rs 73.35 per litre
- Petrol Price in Kolkata will be Rs 73.61 up from Rs 72.74 per litre
- Petrol Price in Chennai will be Rs 73.16 up from Rs 72.27 per litre
- Petrol Price in Bengaluru will be Rs 77.30 up from Rs 76.39 per litre