The facelifted Volkswagen Vento has been launched in India today, priced starting from Rs 7.85 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The updated Vento gets a new Jetta-styled front grille, new bonnet, re-designed front & rear bumpers and receives revised tail-lamps which the company proudly calls as ‘3D effect taillamps’. The side profile remains unchanged, save for the new alloy wheel design. It also gets ORVMs with LED turn indicators and chrome garnished on boot lid, door handles and the exhaust pipe.
Inside, the facelift brings in a new colour scheme, a flat bottom steering wheel and silver surrounds on central console. The feature list has been improved with the addition of cruise control, a chilled glovebox, a dead pedal, external boot release and auto-folding mirrors. Volkswagen has also added an all-new infotainment system inside the car with features like AUX-IN, Bluetooth and USB.
Under the bonnet, the 2015 Vento facelift is powered by the same as before with the 1.2-litre TSI turbo-petrol, the 1.6-litre MPI petrol or the 1.5-litre TDi turbo diesel. However as compared to the outgoing Vento, the company claims that the 2015 Vento is more efficient. The diesel Vento delivers up to 7% more fuel efficiency while the petrol Vento delivers upto 2% more mileage.
- Vento 1.6 MPI MT – 16.09 kmpl
- Vento 1.2 TSI DSG – 18.19 kmpl
- Vento 1.5 TDI MT – 20.64 kmpl
- Vento 1.5 TDI DSG – 21.50 kmpl
Prices of new 2015 Volkswagen Vento (ex-Showroom, New Delhi):
- Vento 1.6 (P) Trendline – Rs 7.85 lakh
- Vento 1.6 (P) Comfortline – Rs 8.67 lakh
- Vento 1.6 (P) Highline – Rs 9.42 lakh
- Vento 1.2 TSI (P) Comfortline – Rs 9.87 lakh
- Vento 1.2 TSI (P) Highline – Rs 10.62 lakh
- Vento 1.5 (D) Trendline – Rs 9.1 lakh
- Vento 1.5 (D) Comfortline – Rs 9.92 lakh
- Vento 1.5 (D) Highline – Rs 10.67 lakh
- Vento 1.5 (D) DSG Comfortline – Rs 11.12 lakh
- Vento 1.5 (D) DSG Highline – Rs 11.87 lakh
To read more on Volkswagen Vento, Click here
GALLERY: New 2015 Volkswagen Vento (facelift)