Maruti Ritz hatchback, caught fire when owner of the car, Mr Anil parked his vehicle in front of St. Aloysius School, Mangalore yesterday afternoon. Mr Anil had come from Bangalore to Mangalore on some work. He parked his car and went in to meet a lawyer. On his return, he found the front portion of the car in flames.
According to eye witnesses, Mangalore City Corporation (MCC) workers had burned garbage in the vicinity and a spark might have flown inside the car.
Local people, who saw smoke rising from the car, put off the fire immediately, but a lot of damage was already done. The front part of the car and its battery and wiring are completely damaged.
The police and the fire force personnel arrived late at the scene. Later, Mr Anil lodged a complaint with the Mangalore city police.
See more pictures of Maruti Ritz caught fire in Mangalore –
Source – Daijiworld