Mahindra & Mahindra launched a new Automated Manual Transmission (AMT) version of its XUV300, making it even easier to own and drive. It is available on the W8 diesel and W8(O) diesel variants for an additional cost of Rs. 55,000 over the price of the manual.
Engineered by Italian automotive experts Marelli, the XUV300 autoSHIFT technology offers segment-leading torque of 300 Nm. Its 1.5L turbo diesel engine with an electronic variable geometry turbocharger delivers 85.8KW (116.6 PS) of power, optimizing the automatic gearshifts for peppy acceleration and overtaking manoeuvres.
Equipped with the latest technological advancements, the AMT version will especially delight city customers and emerging market segments including women and millennials, all of whom would greatly appreciate the convenience of an automatic in start-stop traffic conditions.
The XUV300 autoSHIFT is equipped with the following intelligent features:
- Auto and Manual Mode: Available in two modes, Auto mode boosts fuel efficiency and drivability while manual mode provides exhilarating performance.
- Vehicle Creep: The vehicle can move without throttle input in both first and reverse gear, making driving easy in congested city traffic.
- Electronic Stability Control: The XUV300 comes with Hill Start Assist technology to prevent roll-back when driving on a hill or moving up an incline.
- Down-hill, Kick-down Shifts & Anti-engine Stall: Gear shifts are automatically optimized with features to provide optimum power/torque output during overtaking or for quick acceleration.
- Drive and Reverse Lock Out: This safety feature prevents sudden shifts between reverse and drive modes, unless the speed drops to less than 5 kmph.
- Creep disable on Door Opening: This safety feature prevents the vehicle from moving if the doors are open.
- Driver Information System with Gear Display: Important alerts and information about the vehicle, such as the current gear, driving mode etc., are available on the Driver Information System.
The XUV300 AMT will be available for display, test drives & immediate deliveries across all Mahindra dealerships from today. This new variant of the XUV300 will be available in 3 colours, Pearl White, Aquamarine and Red Rage.
To read more on Mahindra S201, Click here
Also see: Mahindra readying a new petrol engine, to power the XUV300