As we said earlier Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M) will be commence the bookings for the XUV500 from January 2012. But this time, the Mahindra XUV500 SUV price tag will be dearer to buyers. At the launch of the vehicle this year, it was clearly announced that the initial XUV500 price was an introductory invitation price. Furthermore, rupee depreciation, and raw material costs need to be taken into account and this warrants a hike.
The quantum of approximate ex-showroom price increase for the respective models of the XUV 5OO is as follows –
- W6 variant – By Rs 30,000/- for ex-showroom Delhi
- W8-FWD variant – By Rs 50,000/- for ex-showroom Delhi
- W8-AWD variant – By Rs 55,000/- for ex-showroom Delhi
For those looking to buy, on all current bookings for which delivery has not been made, Mahindra would at the time of delivery only charge 50% of the actual price increase.
Mahindra XUV500 SUV production is moving along as scheduled, with plans of increasing production at the Chakan plant as this would be imperative to facilitate bookings in January 2012. Through this month the Mahindra XUV500 SUV has been showered with auto awards galore.
- ET – Zigwheels bestowed the ‘Car of the Year’ and ‘SUV of the year’ award to the dynamic SUV
- Top Gear Magazine Awards 2011 named it the ‘SUV of the Year’ and also awarded it the ‘Readers Choice Award’
- CNBC TV18–Overdrive Awards 2012 named the Mahindra XUV500 as the ‘SUV of the Year’ and also recognized the SUV with the ‘Viewers Choice Car of the Year Award’
- ‘SUV of the Year’ award came from NDTV Car & Bike Awards 2012.