The recent 2013 Union Budget brought nasty surprises for all the SUV makers in India, especially to Mahindra & Mahindra. Mahindra then planned to add a ‘stone guard’ to all its range of SUVs so that all their SUVs has ground clearance less than 170 mm which prevents them from paying higher excise duties. After all this, Mahindra has now updated their flagship product XUV 500 Crossover responding to the feedback obtained from the XUV 500 owners.
As per the information obtained from AutoCarIndia, the upgraded XUV 500 now features
1) Improved clutch with new seals offering better reliability and clutch feel
2) Reworked suspension bushes for better ride quality
3) Re-calibrated ABS and brake booster
4) Improved braking system with redesigned brake pads
5) Use of sound deadening material in order to eliminate squeaks and rattles which in turn provides better fit and finish for body panels.
Already Mahindra had recalled the XUV 500 earlier this year in order to repair the flaws such as front power windows, fluid hose and also the left wiper. After this recall, there is much anticipation to know whether Mahindra would announce a recall to their flagship product XUV 500 to accommodate all the list of changes mentioned above to the already sold XUV 500’s which in fact would be available in the latest XUV 500 models. All these list of changes involve engineering changes that require modifications at the production line level due to which the already sold XUV 500 is unlikely to be replaced with these new upgrades from Mahindra & Mahindra.
Check out more pictures after a jump.
Source – AutoCarIndia.com