Mahindra has been testing the mini-Xylo on public roads for over two years now. Last year, we brought you the first clearest images of mini-Xylo spied from almost all angles, just like a test review. It was spotted in Ooty, Tamil Nadu by myself on May 2011. And since then we have been flooded with pictures of mini-Xylo on the web in different avatars.
Today as I was going through the AutoCarIndia paper magazine I found an interesting rendered image of the upcoming Mahindra mini-Xylo and I thught to share it with our readers. According to the AutoCarIndia magazine claims the follows:
- 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder diesel engine develops 100bhp – It’s the same 2.2-litre mHawk engine from the Scorpio/Xylo, minus one cylinder and reduced bore and stroke to get it below 1500cc
- It will be a 7 seater (5 adults and 2 kids in the rear jump seats)
- The compact SUV in length lesser than 4 metres, and yet an impressive spaciousness make it actually look like ‘grown up Wagon R’
- Price will range between Rs 4.5 lakh to Rs 5.5 lakh
- Launch would happen by end-September 2012
Now the whole topic is bordering onto boring. Seriously, with all the spy photos since June 2010, the excitement for this compact SUV now seems to be diminishing.
(Note – The above picture of Mahindra mini-Xylo do look real, but they are computer generated illustration.)
Also see – Spied – Mahindra Xylo mini at Ooty
Image Credit – AutoCarIndia (August Edition paperback magazine)