Marking a significant milestone in its committed journey towards next-generation technological excellence, Hero MotoCorp Ltd (HMCL), the world’s largest single two-wheeler manufacturer, recently commenced construction of its Rs 450 Crore ‘Hero Centre of Global Innovation and Research & Design (R&D)’ at Kukas, near Jaipur in Rajasthan.
The setting-up of the futuristic state-of-the-art ‘Hero Centre of Global Innovation and R&D’ – about 20 kilometers north of Jaipur – is also a major step towards India’s steady emergence as a global R&D hub in the world map.
“This is the beginning of an exciting journey for us. With Hero Centre of Global Innovation and R&D, Kukas is going to be on the global map with a truly international centre of excellence – not just in terms of its design, development, testing and validation facilities, but also in terms of the diversified pool of human talent from all over the world. Once operational, this centre will bring about game-changing breakthrough technologies with the power of its intellectual creativity and innovations.”
“We are currently investing about Rs 450 crore in Hero Centre of Global Innovation and R&D with plans to commence operations by 1st quarter of calendar year 2015. We will acquire the best of global talent to build a truly multi-cultural, multi-national set-up here, which will also play the role of a catalyst in nurturing multi-faceted local talent through knowledge sharing”.
Mr. Pawan Munjal, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Hero MotoCorp, laid the foundation stone of the Centre here today in the presence of the company’s global technology partners – Mr. Erik Buell of Erik Buell Racing (EBR), US; Mr. Alberto Strazzari of Engines Engineering, Italy and Mr. Markus Feichtner of AVL, Austria.
In just over two years since commencing its solo journey, Hero MotoCorp has significantly scaled up its in-house Research and Design capabilities with over 400 highly-skilled engineers working on future product line-up. The company’s current R&D centres, located at the Gurgaon and Dharuhera factories, will shift to ‘Hero Centre of Global Innovation and R&D’ at Kukas – thus creating a nucleus for the key technological functions.
As Hero MotoCorp relentlessly spreads its global footprint across Africa, Latin and Central America and rest of Asia, ‘Hero Centre of Global Innovation and R&D’ will play a crucial role in developing the range of next-generation Hero two-wheelers for its customers in India and around the world. With robust plans for the Global Market, Hero MotoCorp is also spreading its manufacturing base worldwide to more than 20 locations across continents by year 2020.
Key features of ‘Hero Centre of Global Innovation and Research & Design
- Self-sufficient facilities for New Product Design, Prototype manufacturing, Testing and Validation
- State-of-the-art green building designed by international Architects & Design consortium, using best of global technologies
- Multiple Test Tracks to simulate all Indian and international test conditions
- More than 600 Engineers & Support staff
- Leading edge Studios for Concept Design; Design of Engine / Frame / Electrical / Chassis Parts
- Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) / Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Multiple Labs for:
– Design Validation & Product testing
– Material & Environmental testing
– Components / system performance & Simulation
– Vehicle Performance & Durability
– NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness )
– Emission and EMC (Electro Magnetic Compatibility)