Hero MotoCorp has officially introduced 5 new products at the event today a Xtreme Sports, a 110cc Dash scooter, Leap hybird scooter and a 250cc performance bike called HX250R. Apart from this, the company surprised everyone by showcasing RNT diesel concept bike equipped with a new 150cc TDI engine. Furthermore, the company also made an announcement that the updated version of the Pleasure scooter, Xtreme, Karizma R and ZMR will go on-sale within next 3-months.
1. Hero Extreme Sports – Hero MotoCorp had unveiled a 2014 Xtreme with ‘Electronic Immobiliser’ in October-2013. Now the company has showcased yet another variant of the Xtreme called ‘Sports’, compared to the 2014 Xtreme the Sports only gets a new headlamp with LED position lights, both will be sold alongside like in the case of Yamaha FZ-16 and FZ-S. Both the Xtreme’s are powered by a single-cylinder 150cc engine that produces 15.2 bhp with maximum torque pegged at 12.8 Nm, mated to a five-speed gearbox.
2. Hero Dash 110cc scooter – Hero Dash is a Maestro-sized standard scooter, it features combi-braking system and is powered by a 110cc engine. This 110cc engine churns-out 8.5 bhp power and has a torque output of 9.4 Nm. It will compete head on against the likes of the Honda Activa, TVS Wego and TVS Jupiter.
The Dash scooter gets a LED tail lights, service indicator, mobile charging socket, a seat storage light, external fuel lid and gets 12″ front wheels coupled with telescopic hydraulic suspension. It weighs 110 kg, gets a 6-litre fuel tank and has a ground clearance of 155 mm. Drum brakes on both the ends.
3. Hero Leap Hybrid scooter – India’s first hybrid scooter, Hero Leap is a petrol-hybrid which was first showcased at the 2012 Auto Expo. The working of the Leap is similar to the Fisker Karma where, though the car does have a petrol motor, but the power is not transmitted to wheels directly. Instead, the petrol motor is equipped to generate electricity to recharge the batteries.
The petrol motor can extend the range of the scooter by upto 4 times than that of the battery, which can also be recharged by plugging the scooter into a wall outlet. The Leap has a 3-litre fuel tank and on full tank of fuel, it does 340km. It has a top-speed of 100 kph when run with the range extender. And the 240mm Brembo twin-piston disc brake at the front will stop it effectively.
The Leap is powered by a lithium-ion batteries and an electric-traction motor with an on-board generator powered by an all new 125cc fuel-injected mill that produces 11 bhp, but produces 60 Nm of torque, which is huge considering the size of the scooter. The Leap features an all-LED lighting system, giving us a glimpse of Hero’s intentions for its future models.
4. Hero HX250R – The major launch at today’s event the HX 250R – the company’s first proper quarter-litre sportsbike. The HX250R is a 250cc sportsbike which makes 31 bhp and does the 0-60 run in just 2.7 seconds. The HX250R is powered by a brand new 249cc, 4 stroke single-cylinder DOHC, liquid cooled, fuel-injected engine mated to a 6-speed transmission. The HX250R weighs just 139 kg.
The HX250R is fully-faired bike featuring an aerodynamic design, also note the under seat exhaust. The power is sent to the ground through 17-inch alloy-wheels with Pirelli Sport Demon tyres. The stopping force comes from a 300mm disc at front and 220mm discs at the rear. There is combined braking system with optional ABS.
5. Hero RNT Concept – The biggest launch of the event was undoubtedly, the Hero RNT Concept – India’s first diesel hybrid scooter. The Hero RNT diesel hybrid scooter is targeted at rural markets and it is still in concept stage, thus, expect to be launched sometime in 2015. The RNT features a ‘high torque’ 150cc diesel engine that develops 13.5 bhp and has a peak torque of 35 Nm, and an optional turbocharger.
The Hero RNT gets an optional turbocharger as well as a hub electric motor which sends additional power to the front wheels making this a two-wheel drive scooter. With 5 new offerings waiting in the wings, the future is certainly looking bright for Hero MotoCorp, and its offerings like these, which were beyond the imagination of many, which will keep them achieving their desired goal.
Check out more pictures, after a jump.
Source – MotorBeam