General Motors India (GMI) is all set to launch the new Chevrolet Beat Diesel in India next week on 25th Monday, July 2011. But for now the company has updated the website with the details of the diesel Beat. Like other GM cars, the company is inviting people to book a test drive online even before the launch. You can access the website here.
The website explains the new engine technology called ‘SMARTECH’ and lists all the features of it which are as follow.
- Advanced engine design, engineering & packaging.
- Combination of features and engine components package that provides improved performance.
- Significant improvement in NVH characteristics of the engine leading to more comfortable driving experience.
- Smart engine design and technology that provides optimum fuel efficiency in varied driving conditions.
- Higher low end torque delivery for improved driving experience in stop and go traffic conditions.
- Rigorously tested & proven in extreme Indian road and climatic conditions.
GM has an annual capacity of 1.6 lakh engine units at its engine plant in Talegaon. The best part about this plant is that it can produce Diesel and Petrol engines on the same assembly line. So clearly, if required, GM India can produce 1.6 lakhs diesel engine and capacity will never be a constraint for them.
Also see – Chevrolet Beat Diesel unwrapped by SVP