Mahindra GenZe, the leader in all-electric two-wheel transportation alternatives unveiled the GenZe 2.0 at the Auto Expo, the first connected all-electric scooter. The GenZe 2.0 is designed to help alleviate challenges associated with urban commuting, parking, congestion and pollution. It has a removable lithium-ion battery that can be recharged at any standard electrical outlet, providing optimal freedom and ease of use.
The GenZe 2.0 is designed with seamless IoT communication that allows continuous monitoring of more than 95 vehicle parameters, including:
- Battery state-of-charge
- Range estimation
- Remote diagnostics
- Alerts for theft, distress and geofence triggers
- Customized navigation features
The GenZe 2.0 distinguishes itself by providing differentiated capabilities which include:
- Cruise Connect 7 inch touch screen display and connectivity with configurable riding modes and integrated telematics streaming cloud hosted vehicle data to various user interfaces including an App with navigation, security and geo-fencing capabilities
- Back Bay storage with best-in-class 34 kgs (75 lbs) carrying capacity and a power port for cell phone and tablet charging while on the go
- Smart Pack removable, portable lithium-ion battery with ability to charge without special infrastructure
- Cast-Aluminium Exoskeleton that is lighter and lasts longer than a typical steel tube frame covered by plastic
- Improved ride quality with a plug and play electric drivetrain and regeneration, calibrated twist and go throttle with a greater that 100 Nm of torque and larger front wheel for increased stability
The GenZe 2.0 has best-in-class 0-48.3 kmph in 8 seconds, 48.3 km on a single charge, excellent turn radius and the ability to handle payload capacity of up to 34 kgs. As an urban vehicle, it travels up to a max speed of 48.3 km.
The Genze 2.0 is part of a global initiative of smart transport solutions. While not currently available in India, it has been launched in the USA in the Bay Area and in Portland and its availability continues to expand.
Speaking at the launch of the GenZe 2.0 at the Auto Expo, Vish Palekar, President and CEO, Mahindra GenZe mentioned –
“It is a moment of pride for us to showcase this unique and one-of-its-kind two wheeler, the GenZe 2.0. Cities around the world are challenged by traffic congestion and lack of parking space. The GenZe 2.0 is a perfect example of providing a solution to these anomalies. This along with the drive to reduce our carbon footprint while providing effective transportation presents a need for connected and sustainable electric mobility solutions which the GenZe 2.0 fulfils.”
To read more on Mahindra 2-Wheelers, Click here