Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited launched the rear disc variants of the Gixxer and Gixxer SF motorcycles in India. A 240mm diameter rear disc brake comes equipped as standard on the Gixxer SF, but optional on the Gixxer.
The Gixxer is now on-sale with a rear disc brake as an option in the following colours – Lush Green / Glass Sparkle Black, Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Mirage White and Candy Sonoma Red / Glass Sparkle Black. While the Gixxer SF comes with a rear disc brake as standard in the following colours – Pearl Mirage Red and Glass Sparkle Black. Even the MotoGP edition (Metallic Triton Blue) of the Gixxer SF now gets a rear disc brake.
Both the Gixxer and Gixxer SF continues to be powered by a 155cc single-cylinder, carbureted, air-cooled engine. This unit produces 14.6 BHP @ 8,000 rpm and 14 Nm of torque @ 6,000 rpm mated to a 5-speed gearbox. It delivers a mileage of 64 KMPL.
If opted without the rear disc brake, the Gixxer gets a 130 mm rear drum brake. The rear disc brake option has increased safety levels on the Gixxer line-up. The Gixxer SF, on the other hand, is also expected to get a fuel-injected version sometime later this-year.
Prices of the Suzuki Gixxer range (On-road, New Delhi)-
- Gixxer Mono-Tone : Rs. 85,097
- Gixxer Dual-Tone : Rs. 86,192
- Gixxer Dual-Tone with rear disc brake : Rs. 88,699
- Gixxer SF Pearl Mira Red/Glass sparkle Black : Rs. 94,530
- Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition : Rs. 96,187
- Gixxer SF Pearl Mira Red/Glass sparkle Black (With Rear Disc Brake) : Rs. 97,037
- Gixxer SF MotoGP Edition (With Rear Disc Brake) : Rs. 98,694
To read more on Suzuki Gixxer, Click here