Back in October, 2009 when Bajaj Autos introduced Kawasaki Ninja 250R to Indians, they hardly could have imagined the huge success that this Green Bike achieved. A 250cc bike that costs 1000 for every cc of engine displacement was hardly acceptable by all because of Rs 70000 extra to pay than Americans do for same. But past few days, on the end to October month, Bajaj-Kawasaki reported that they have sold 1000 Ninja 250R units. And turning into a record, Kawasaki Ninja 250R became first multi cylinder bike in India to cross a mark of 1000 sale units.
Analyzing the success achieved from Ninja 250R, Bajaj recently stated that they are looking forward to introduce Kawasaki Ninja 650R in India. Some may get confused as who is Bajaj to introduce a bike from Kawasaki even after an establishment of IKM (Indian Kawasaki Motors). The reason lies in the fact that all Kawasaki Bikes in India are being sold through Bajaj Pro-Biking outlets and Kawasaki-Bajaj are still in some agreement to sell bikes in India.
Kawasaki Ninja 650R is an elder kin to Ninja 250R, resembling in design but the 650R is much more heavy and powered in performance. featuring twin cylinders in a 650cc engine that can generate a maximum power of 71bhp at 8500rpm. Ninja 650R is expected to hit Indian markets by the month of April 2011.
Technical Specifications Of 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R
- Engine: Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve, parallel twin
- Displacement: 649cc
- Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 60.0mm
- Compression ratio: 11.3:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Fuel injection: Digital fuel injection with two 38mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with electronic advance
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: O-ring chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake / trail: 25 degrees / 4.2 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.5 in.
- Front suspension: 41mm hydraulic telescopic fork-4.7 in.
- Rear suspension: Single offset laydown shock with adjustable spring preload-4.9 in.
- Front tire: 120/70×17
- Rear tire: 160/60×17
- Front brake: Dual 300mm petal discs with two-piston calipers
- Rear brake: Single 220mm petal disc with single piston caliper
- Overall length: 82.7 in.
- Overall width: 29.9 in.
- Overall height: 47.2 in.
- Seat height: 31.1 in.
- Curb weight: 449.8 lbs.
- Fuel capacity: 4.1 gal.
- Colors: Candy Burnt Orange, Flat Super Black, Metallic Spark Black, Flat Super Black.
The price for 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R in West is expected to be around $7200 (Rs 30000) but as usual in case of imported bikes, the price here will fall in range of around Rs 6lakh.