Yamaha India has recently launched its flagship sportsbike R15 Version 2.0, now silently introduced the minor facelift of the Yamaha Crux entry level budget motorcycle. The Yamaha Crux which sits at the bottom of Yamaha’s Indian motorcycle range is the motorcycle makers least priced model, aimed primarily at the rural and semi urban market where utility and ruggedness overrides style. The Yamaha Crux is priced at around Rs. 33,000 (ex-showroom price, New Delhi).
Yamaha Crux is Yamaha’s second four stroke model in India, following the Yamaha YBX125, which was launched way back in 1998. Featuring a 106cc, four stroke, SOHC, two valve engine which was basically a downsized, long stroke version of the 123.7cc square engine of the Yamaha YBX, the Crux is designed as a no-nonsense commuter. This engine is mated to a four speed transmission which is one of the best four speed gearboxes around for the brilliant feel and positive gear shifting it offers through its 1 down-4 up pattern.
Now comes equipped with a Multi Reflector Headlamp to ensure enhanced visibility to ride at night time. The fuel tank is facelifted with new graphic design making it classy than the older one. This is the most visible change out of all which differentiates from the earlier model. The fenders in front and rear are chrome tipped. This was of course, present in the previous model too. The rear shocks are adjustable too.
The Crux is a reasonably fuel efficient motorcycle at an average fuel economy of around 60 KMPL although not as fuel efficient as the Hero MotoCorp motorcycles which deliver higher mileage.
Technical Specifications of Yamaha Crux –
- Engine type : Air – cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 2-valve
- Cylinder arrangement : Single cylinder
- Displacement : 105.6cc
- Bore & Stroke : 49.0 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio : 9:1
- Maximum power : 7.6PS (5.59 kW) / 7,500rpm
- Maximum torque : 7.85N.m / 6,000rpm
- Starting system : Kick start
- Lubrication : wet sump
- Ignition system : C.D.I.
- Primary / Secondary reduction ratio : 3.722 / 3.143
- Clutch type : Wet multi-plate coil spring
- Transmission type : 4-speed constant mesh
- Gear ratios : 1st=3.00, 2nd＝1.688, 3rd:=1.200, 4th=0.875
- Frame type : Double cradle type, steel
- Tire size (Front / Rear) : 2.50 x 18″ 4PR / 2.75 x 18″ 6PR
- Brake type (Front / Rear) : Drum (130mm Dia) / Drum (130mm Dia)
- Suspension type (Front / Rear) : Telescopic / Swing arm
- Battery capacity / Type : 12V-2.5Ah
- Headlight : 12V 35/35W
- Overall length x width x height : 2,000mm x 735mm x 1,075mm
- Seat height : 780mm
- Wheelbase : 1,260mm
- Minimum ground clearance : 160mm
- Dry weight / Kerb weight : 103 kg / 113 kg
- Engine oil capacity : 1 liter
- Fuel tank capacity : 11 liters