The 2011 Volkswagen Passat Diesel Sedan was launched in India today at a price of INR 20.80 Lakhs, Ex-Showroom, Delhi. The car which features the highly acclaimed BlueMotion fuel saving and low emission technology was unveiled for the Indian market today at a launch ceremony at the Taj Lands End five star hotel in Mumbai.
The 2011 Passat Diesel features a 2 liter TDI engine, with a segment topping 170 Bhp of peak power and 350 Nm of peak torque. This engine is the same as the one on the 2011 Audi Q5 2.0 TDI, which was launched just yesterday. Coming to the BlueMotion features on the 2011 Passat, the car gets a start stop system, low resistance tyres, low friction mechanicals, lower idling speeds and brake energy regeneration to conserve fuel as well as cut down on emissions.
Along with the six speed manual gearbox, the 2011 Passat also gets the highly acclaimed 6 speed DSG gearbox which will help improve shift times to a large extent and also save fuel with lower transmission losses. Interiors get a spruce up with a lot of attention to increase ride comfort massively by the usage of new low vibration steel and an advanced engine mounting technology. You also get temperature controlled seats. All this tech wizardry, will make the 2011 Passat an extremely comfortable car to drive and be driven in.
Stay tuned to bharathautos.com as we update you with more information.
New VW Passat specification –
- Technical Specifications – Volkswagen Passat, Diesel DSG
Engine Type – 4 Cylinder Common Rail Diesel Engine
Engine Capacity (l /cc)- 2.0 L / 1968 cc
Max. Power (PS [kW] @ rpm) – 170  @ 4200
Max. Torque Nm @ rpm – 350 @ 1750-2500
Transmission 6 Speed DSG
- Features – Volkswagen Passat (Comfortline)
- Exterior – 16 inch “Perugia” Alloy wheels (set of 4) • “BlueMotion Technology” nameplate on tailgate • Electric slide/tilt sunroof • Bi-Xenon headlamps with cornering lights • LED Daytime running lights • Headlamp washer system • Front fog lamps with static cornering light • Chrome surroundings for front fog lamps • LED Tail lamps • Chrome-plated strips on side windows • Chrome strip on boot lid • Rear defogger • Rear fog lamps • Fullsize spare wheel (steel)
- Interior – “Vienna” leather upholstery in Beige • Analog clock in dashboard • Rear AC vents • Acoustic laminated front windshield glass • Analog clock in dashboard • Auto-dimming interior mirror • Multifunction display plus • Ambience light package • Decorative inserts in ornamental wood “burr walnut” for dashboard and doors • 60:40 split folding rear seat backrest including center armrest • Rear center armrest with tray and 2 cupholders • Front center armrest with storage box
- Safety & security – 16 inch front & rear disc brakes • Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) incl ABS with brake assist ASR, EDL & TCS • Driver’s and front passenger air bag with front passenger air bag deactivation • Curtain air bag system for front and rear passengers • Side air bags for front passengers • ISOFIX points (mounting fixture for two child seats on rear seat bench) • Electronic vehicle immobilization device • Wheel locks with extended anti-theft protection • Engine and transmission guard
- Comfort & Convenience – Attention assist (Fatigue detection system) • “Climatronic” Air conditioner with 2-zone temperature control • “Press & Drive” system • “RCD 510″ touchscreen music system with MP3 player incl. 6 CD changer, SD Card reader, Aux-in & 8 speakers ; Mobile Device Interface MEDIA-IN with USB adapter cable in glove compartment, Bluetooth telephone preparation with access to phonebook & messages • Electric parking brake with auto-hold function and hill hold control • Light & sight package with rain sensor • Rough road package • 3 spoke leather wrapped multi-function steering wheel with controls for gear shift • 6 Way electrically adjustable front seat • Exterior mirrors, electric. adjustable, foldable, heated & with auto-dimming on driver’s side • Park distance control (front & rear) with acoustic warning & the display on central infotainment system
- Colours Available – Candy White • Mocha Anthracite Pearl effect • Deep Black Pearlescent • Reflex Silver Metallic • Cashmere Brown Metallic
- New Passat: Highline (additional over Comfortline)
- Exterior – 16 inch “Barcelona” Alloy wheels (set of 5)
- Interior – “Napa” leather upholstery • Color multifunction display • Stainless steel scuff plates on front and rear door steps, with “Passat” nameplate
- Comfort & Convenience – 12 Way electrically adjustable front seats • Driver seat with 3 position memory • Front Climate seats – active air-conditioned front seats • Exterior mirrors, electric. Adjustable, foldable, heated & with auto-dimming on driver’s side with memory • Tyre pressure monitoring system • Rear View camera • Park Assist (self parking system)
Press Release –
Volkswagen unveils the all-new Passat with BlueMotion Technologies in India
· Price starts at 20.80 lakh ex showroom New Delhi
· Bookings commence 30th March, 2011
Mumbai, March 29, 2011: Volkswagen, Europe’s leading car manufacturer unveiled the all-new Passat with the highly innovative BlueMotion Technologies for India today.
The all-new Passat will be available to customers in the diesel variant in both automatic and manual transmissions, starting at 20.80 lakh ex showroom Delhi. Sales of the all new Passat will start with the Highline and Comfortline which will later be followed by the Trendline.
Speaking about this new launch, Mr. Neeraj Garg, Member of Board and Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. said, “We started our journey in India with the introduction of the Passat in 2007, and three successful years later it gives us great pleasure to bring the latest generation to the market.
The all-new Passat will be exclusively available with BlueMotion Technologies in India and the distinctive innovations will work together to achieve good fuel efficiency and reduced emissions without depriving customers from the fun of driving.
It is a design into the future with upgraded comfort, convenience, quality and safety, and more importantly cleaner and extremely fuel efficient.”
Mr. Lutz Kothe, Head of Marketing and PR Volkswagen Group Sales Pvt. Ltd. added by saying, “The Volkswagen Brand’s commitment to sustainability is translated through the innovations of the BlueMotion Technologies. These efficient technologies have been implemented in a range of Volkswagen cars and are among the cleanest and most fuel efficient in the world. The introduction of the all-new Passat further emphasizes Volkswagen Brand’s commitment to India.”
BlueMotion Technologies is a range of innovations and refinements that represent the cleanest, most energy efficient cars in the Volkswagen range. These are technologies that work together to achieve fuel efficiency and reduce emissions without taking the fun out of driving.
The all-new Passat comes to India with a range of BlueMotion Technologies:
· TDI Engine: A 2.0L CR TDI engine with an output of 170PS and torque of 350 NM @ 1750-2500 rpm offers abundant torque, outstanding power output while assuring low fuel consumption
· Auto Start-Stop System: The efficient Start-Stop technology cuts emissions and saves fuel by automatically switching off the engine when waiting in traffic, and starts also automatically when the driver’s feat touches the gas pedal
· Brake Energy Recuperation: Recovers and recycles energy normally lost during braking, thereby saving fuel and cutting emissions
· DSG Dual Clutch Gearbox: Combines the comfort and convenience of an automatic transmission with the efficiency and performance of a manual gearbox. Rapid and precise gear changes are the key advantages of this gearbox over automatic ones, besides ensuring higher fuel efficiency and reduction of carbon emissions. For those who still wish to change gears manually the tiptronic shift function makes it possible too.
· Gear Shift Indicator: An intelligent gear shift prompt that is available in the manual transmission that leads to significant reduction in fuel consumption
Best in Class Technologies:
* The Park Assist takes over during the parking process and maneuvers the car into any suitable parallel or perpendicular bay on its own.
* The new Attention Assist detects driver fatigue and warns him/her with an acoustic signal and a visual message on the instrument cluster recommending a break from driving
* The Acoustic Sound Lamination in the front and rear windshields substantially dampens the traffic noise from outside for a calm and pleasant cabin
* Climate Seats with active ventilation and massage function for the driver and front passenger to enhance driving comfort
Exterior: The new front-end design gives the all new Passat an even more dominant, high-class look which is reinforced by the bi-xenon headlamps, along with rounded in-set headlamps and LED daytime running lights. Straight lines and cleanly sculpted surface is enhanced by a strong prominent C Pillar.
Interior: The all-new Passat is an epitome of luxury and comfort with the finest quality material, perfectly colour-coordinated panels and distinctively designed instrumentation that is effortless to read. Now available with electronic parking break, keyless entry and start options, the all new Passat emits a pure sense of luxury.
All New Passat Price List (Ex-showroom Delhi) ** –
Trimline – Price (INR)
Trendline – Rs.20,80,000/-
Comfortline – Rs.23,80,000/-
Highline – Rs.25,65,000/-
Also see – Spied – Volkswagen Passat BlueMotion