This month on our Top 10 things you need to know about the bike is ‘KTM 390 Duke’ the latest addition to KTM line-up. Let’s get started.
Top 10 things you need to know about the KTM 390 Duke –
1. The 390 Duke is the fastest single-cylinder bike in India, that reaches a top speed of 160 kmph.
2. Although its 373.2cc, why it is referred as the 390 Duke? Staying in-line with KTM’s policy of naming its models like the 990 and the 690, this too comes with 390 moniker.
3. The 390 Duke is a very enthusiastic bike which offers an extremely light and convenient handling. The bike can be steered easily and behaves like any other commuter bike in city traffic.
4. High speed stability and cornering abilities of the 390 Duke are very impressive thanks to its racing inspired suspension system and broad tyres.
5. It has significant safety features like radial mounted four-piston front brake callipers and one brake calliper at the back, it also has a powerful headlight.
6. ABS (made by Bosch) is standard on the 390 Duke and can be switched off with a press of a button.
7. Duke 390′s engine is completely different from Duke 200 and carries almost 95% of newer components
8. It is the latest addition to the brand and will compete with the likes of the Honda CBR250R, Hyosung GT250R, Kawasaki Ninja 300 and with the complete Royal Enfield range.
9. KTM brand has a wide range of accessories for the 390 Duke like Windshield, Tank Bag, Front and Rear Crash pads, Orange Colored Bike Cover, Fuel Cap Sticker, Rear top case and Tank Pad.
10. Stunt riders are also going to love this bike as you can turn-off its ABS and do all the stunting. Its light weight gives you tremendous confidence while performing stunts.
Refresher – KTM 390 Duke comes powered by a 373.2cc, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke engine which produces 43.5 PS of peak power at 9000 RPM and 35 Nm of peak torque at 7000 RPM, coupled to a 6-speed gearbox. It is expected to return an overall fuel-efficiency of around 22-25kmpl. These figures are quite good considering the fact that it is a sub-400cc performance street bike. This bike only weighs around 154kgs (145kgs without fuel), thanks to its lightweight tubular frame which allows this bike to be a speed enthusiast.
See more pictures of 2013 KTM 390 Duke –