Tata Motors launched ‘Tata SKOOLMAN’, a telematics based tracking solution, at the 2015 SIAM Bus and Special Vehicles Show held from 15 to 17 January at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, Delhi NCR. Tata SKOOLMAN will be a standard fitment on the Tata Ultra range of school buses and will also be available for fitment on other models of school buses in the after-market.
Taking the initiative of school bus safety forward, Tata Motors also launched the all new ‘Ultra BS3 – Safe School Bus’, today, equipped with Tata SKOOLMAN at the SIAM Bus & Special Vehicle Show 2015 (BSVS) hosted at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida.
Besides providing a host of safety features, Tata SKOOLMAN also makes it convenient for parents to track the arrival and departure of their children in real time (through SMS alerts), live tracking on a map or via a mobile phone application. Tata SKOOLMAN also provides an effective fleet management tool for schools/bus fleet operators to plan bus routes better and manage their school bus fleet more effectively.
At the 2015 SIAM Bus and Special Vehicle Show Tata Motors showcased BSVS 2015 buses to include Tata Ultra School Bus, Tata Ultra Midi 900mm AC, Tata Ultra BS4 – 3-litre Engine AC vehicle, Tata 1512 Luxury Bus, Tata Articulated Bus – Long City Bus and Tata Winger DICOR BS4.
Features of Tata SKOOLMAN:
Convenience for Parents:
- Triggers an automatic SMS alert to parents/guardians, on arrival of the bus, for just in time pick-up and drop
- Empowers parents with a mobile application to track the school bus carrying their children, through a map on a real time basis
- Notifies the parent on the location of the bus, through a SMS based query system
Safety for Schools:
- Tracking of school buses on real time basis to ensure safety of the children onboard – an update is generated every 10 seconds
- Schools receive a notifications on instances of unsafe driving through a SMS or e-mail alert
- Schools can stay assured of data security against any unauthorized access through 256 bit AES data encryption technique for data communication and dedicated server space for school data
- Prevents entry of buses in zones that schools perceive unsafe for children by geo-fencing the restricted regions
Efficiency for Bus Fleet admins/owners:
- Plan and deploy the fleet in the best possible way through route management facility – define bus stops, create and manage routes
- Analyze and optimize the performance of every bus in the fleet, based on an extensive set of fleet usage reports and thereby increase the productivity of the entire fleet. The reports can be generated;
1. Bus wise, route wise, bus-stop wise or driver wise
2. On Daily, weekly and monthly basis
3. For Single vehicles as well as fleets
- Ensures optimum availability of the fleet by using fleet related reminders to avoid missing any of the bus related renewals
- Minimizes fuel consumption and reduces the carbon footprint by tracking the duration for which the bus was idling through ‘engine-Idling monitoring’
To read more on Tata Motors Commercial Vehicles, Click here