The homegrown-cult car manufacturer, Tata Motors has recently launched the new Safari Storme Explorer Edition in India, that was unveiled at HORIZONEXT in June-2013. The new Storme Explorer Edition has been priced at Rs 10.86 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi) and will now be available at all Tata Motors dealerships across the nation.
Also it should be noted that Explorer kit can be added on any Safari Storme variant as an accessory pack. The accessory pack adds a range of features to this SUV, making it more appealing. All variants of the Safari Storme can be specified with the Explorer Edition kit, be it the LX, VX or EX. The kit will be made available at Tata dealerships, priced at Rs 57,000.
The new Safari Storme Explorer Edition accessory pack features:
- Explorer Front Nudge Guard
- Explorer Edition signature decals
- 2-DIN Touch Screen Infotainment System – hands-free and phonebook operations
- On-Screen provision for Reverse Parking Assist
- Navigation Device
- New chrome garnish for the projector headlamps and tail lamps
- Explorer Edition Door Visors
- New Art Leather seat covers
- Powered by the Safari Storme’s 2.2 L VariCOR turbocharged engine with VTT
- OtherOutdoor Gear Options – Cycle Carrier, Cargo Basket, Roof-Mounted Canopy
Under the hood, the SUV retains the 2.2-litre VariCOR turbocharged engine with VTT (Variable Turbine Technology), capable of churning out the maximum power output of 140bhp and 320Nm of torque. The SUV gets a 5-speed manual gearbox as standard, and can be specified with 4×2 and 4X4 options. It touches the 0-100kmph mark in under 15 seconds and returns an impressive 14 kmpl of mileage, despite being a massive car.
Each adventure calls for meticulous planning, to take on that off-road journey in style. The Safari Storme Explorer Edition allows you to do just that for the many adventures that lie ahead.
Check out more pictures of Tata Safari Storme ‘Explorer Edition –