Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched its 800cc cruiser ‘Intruder’ M800 priced at Rs 8.88 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). In India, apart from the latest cruiser bike, Suzuki sells other superbikes too. This includes the GSX-R1000 at Rs 13.75 lakh, 1350 cc Hayabusa at Rs 13 lakh, Bandit 1200S at Rs 8.8 lakh and a very popular 1800 CC cruiser, Intruder M1800 priced at Rs 13.25 lakh.
The pan India launch for the new Suzuki Intruder M800 will see the cruiser available in 12 cities. This includes Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, and Bangalore amongst others. The latest cruiser from Suzuki will find competition in Harley Davidson. The Intruder M800 features loads of chrome, and a wide and comfortable seat. The Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) technology boosts good throttle response, and high torque output.
The new Suzuki Intruder M800 cruiser is powered by a 805 cc fuel-injected liquid-cooled, 2-cylinder, 8-valve V-Twin engine engine that produces a generous 53 BHP @ 6000 TPM of peak power and peak torque of 62 BHP @ 4000 RPM. Each of the cylinder has 4 valves and the overall layout is DOHC type.
The bike moves on cast-aluminum 16-inch front/15-inch rear wheels The Suzuki Intruder M800 Cruiser has a fuel tank capacity of 15.5 Liters. Fitted with an electronic ignition with electric starter system, the 5-speed Transmission constant mesh cruiser, there’s also the Instrument cluster with fuel gauge and a clock and a 32-bit processor ECM.
“The Intruder M800 is more focused as an entry level cruiser segment which performs like its bigger brother (M1800) giving a chance to the Indian youth to step in to the world of performance biking.” “Suzuki is known worldwide for superior technology; we intend to showcase the same in India. The launch of M800 is aimed at expanding our Big Bikes range in India,” Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt Ltd (SMIPL) Vice President (Sales and Marketing) Atul Gupta said.
Technical specification of Suzuki Intruder M800 –
Engine and transmission
- Displacement – 805.00 ccm (49.12 cubic inches)
- Engine type – V2, four-stroke
- Bore x stroke – 83.0 x 74.4 mm (3.3 x 2.9 inches)
- Fuel system – Injection
- Fuel control – DOHC
- Ignition – Transistorized
- Lubrication system – Wet sump
- Cooling system – Air
- Gearbox – 5-speed
- Transmission type, final drive – Shaft drive (cardan)
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels
- Front suspension – Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear suspension – Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front tyre dimensions – 130/90-16M/C 67H tubeless
- Rear tyre dimensions – 170/80-15M/C 77H tubeless
- Front brakes – Single disc. 2-piston caliper
- Front brakes diameter – 300 mm (11.8 inches)
- Rear brakes – Expanding brake (drum brake)
Physical measures and capacities
- Dry weight – 247.0 kg (544.5 pounds)
- Seat height – 700 mm (27.6 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
- Overall height – 1,125 mm (44.3 inches)
- Overall length – 2,370 mm (93.3 inches)
- Overall width – 920 mm (36.2 inches)
- Wheelbase – 1,655 mm (65.2 inches)
- Fuel capacity – 15.50 litres (4.10 gallons)
Also see – 2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Unveiled
See more pictures of Suzuki Intruder M800 –
See video of Suzuki Intruder M800 –