A very shocking accident happened in Delhi recently. In the accident, a new Mahindra Thar was charred beyond repair as it got gutted in flames. According to the reports, the fire spread to a nearby vehicle also damaging it as well as a neighboring wall. The registration number of the off-roader was DL 10-CT-0603. The owner of the Mahindra Thar was Mr. Pawan Kumar. He stated that he had booked for the car in March this year and it was delivered to him on 2nd April. Mr. Kumar also cleared the air that his car was not carrying any added electrical accessories or after-market fitments.
According to Mr. Kumar, he has driven his new car for only sometime in the compound and has then parked the vehicle and left for his apartment. In next 10 minutes, people came rushing to his home informing his about fire coming out of the bonnet of his Thar. Meanwhile, owners of the vehicles standing near to the fire engulfed Thar were moving away their cars to a safer place. Nonetheless, a Zen parked right next to the car also caught fire. A wall of the nearby house also got damaged. Fortunately, the fire failed to reach the nearby Piped Natural Gas supply.
The people informed the police authorities and fire department immediately. However, by the time they could reach the location and extinguish the fire, the car was badly burnt and beyond repair. The showroom manager, from where Mr. Kumar purchased Mahindra Thar, was also notified. He has also written complaints to the automaker’s customer care department and has contacted their regional office as well. As per the reports, the dealership is not really being supportive. On the other hand, the resident of the house whose wall was burnt as well as the owner of the Zen have filed an FIR against Mr. Kumar.
To see more vehicles destroyed in fire, click here
Image Credit – Team-BHP