Mahindra recently announced the launch of the e2o electric city car in the UK. At an event in London’s Design Museum, Mahindra Group Chairman, Anand Mahindra unveiled its pricing and specifications.
Designed specifically for easy urban commuting, and featuring a host of connected technologies, the Mahindra e2o will be available in two trim levels. The entry-level e2o City is priced at £12,995 (Rs. 12.26 lakh), while the higher-spec TechX version retails at £15,995 (Rs. 15.09 lakh) and includes a touchscreen infotainment centre with reversing camera, telematics, Revive remote emergency recharging, leather seats, alloy wheels and a rapid charging port.
The e20 comes with a 72V powertrain with a 13.9 kWh maintenance-free 69 cell lithium-ion battery pack. It has a claimed range of 79 miles (127 km) and a top speed of 63 mph (101 kph). It sprints from 0-25 mph (0-40 km/h) in 4.9 seconds and 0-50 mph (0-80 km/h) in 18 seconds, the car takes 9 hours to get fully charged.
- e2o RemoteTM smartphone app – allows users to remotely control key functions of their e2o including the ability to pre-heat/cool the car, start and stop charging, route plan and search for nearby charging stations.
- Remote Charging SchedulerTM – a clever app that allows users to schedule charging of their e2o at a time when electricity costs are at their cheapest rate
- ReviveTM – remote emergency charging feature to grant the driver up to 8 miles worth of range if the battery is depleted.
- Telematics – on-board sensors send a data ‘heartbeat’ to Mahindra enabling remote health monitoring and customer alerts.
- Blaupunkt touchscreen infotainment centre (TechX model only) – Satellite navigation with ‘range remaining’ maps featuring charge point locations. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi hotspot connection, USB, SD card, DAB radio and a built-in reversing camera.
The e2o’s tall-boy design offers superior visibility for a compact city car and comfortably seats four adults. It is equipped with dual SRS airbags, Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and a Regenerative Braking System (RBS) that harnesses energy during braking to extend the car’s range while travelling.
The e2o can be booked at www.mahindrauk.com, while the deliveries will commence from May 2016. Customers can also book test drives online in London, Birmingham, Bristol and Milton Keynes, with additional test drive cities to be announced later.
To read more on Mahindra-Reva, Click here
Also see: All-Electric Mahindra Reva e2o Sports City Car showcased