Lamborghini launched its flagship hypercar, the Aventador LP700-4, in New Delhi today. The car carries a price tag of Rs 3.69 crore (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The latest in the long line of V12 powered Lamborghinis and successor to the Murcielago, the Aventador features some of the most cutting-edge technology ever seen on road cars, which includes a carbonfibre monocoque chassis. The V12 engine of the Aventador is place longitudinally in the rear center of the sports car.
Formula 1 style suspension is expected to be class leading. The Italian hypercar maker plans to produce a total of 4000 units of the Aventador, till its replacement comes along in 2021. It weights of 1575 kgs signifies the excessive use of carbon fiber in the construction of the latest Italian bull. Lamborghini claims the Aventador to be atleast two generations ahead of anything on sale today.
Top 10 things you need to know about the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 –
- The Lamborghini Aventador replaces the Murcielago in the company’s lineup.
- Power comes from a 6.5L V12 engine which churns out 700 PS of power and 690 Nm of torque.
- The engine is mated to an ISR (Independent Shifting Rod) 7-speed transmission (an automated manual gearbox that minimizes shift times by almost 50 percent than with a dual-clutch transmission).
- 0 – 100 kmph – 2.9 seconds with a top speed of 349 kmph.
- It has Lamborghini’s new Haldex 4-wheel drive system.
- Lamborghini says that the Aventador is two generations ahead of anything else on sale, using Formula One-style suspension and a lightweight carbon fibre monocoque.
- Kitna Deti Hai (Mileage) – 5.8 kmpl.
- The engine needs 12litres of oil to keep it running smoothly and 25litres of coolant to keep it… well, cool – and that’s about 5 times more than a normal car you see on the road.
- There will be an Aventador Roadster coming next year.
- Prices Rs. 3.69 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Also see – 11 Lamborghini Aventadors soldout in India
See more pictures of Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 –
Official commercial video of Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 –