Kia Motors launched its first product in mid-SUV segment, the Seltos in the Indian market with an introductory price starting from INR 9.69 lakhs (Ex-showroom PAN India) for the entry level Petrol Smartstream G1.5 HTE model going up to INR 15.99 Lakhs (Ex-showroom PAN India) for the Diesel 1.5 CRDi HTX plus (6AT) and Petrol Smartstream 1.4 T – Gdi GTX (7DCT) and GTX plus top-end variant.
The Seltos is BS-VI compliant and available in both petrol and diesel variants with manual and automatic transmission options. It has also received a record 32,035 bookings for the Seltos so far which has set a new benchmark for the mid-SUV segment in the country.
Kia Motors India is well equipped to handle the overwhelming demand for Seltos in the market. The company’s Anantapur plant has an annual production capacity of 3,00,000 units which will allow the company to smoothly cater to the increasing demand of Seltos in the country.
Seltos is available in Smartstream 1.4 turbo petrol with a 6-speed manual/7-speed DCT, smartstream 1.5 petrol with 6-speed manual/IVT and 1.5 diesel VGT with 6-speed manual/6-speed automatic. Further, all the engines will be BS-VI compliant, making Seltos the first car in the segment to meet the emissions norms that will come into effect next year. The Seltos will have two distinct design lines – Tech Line aimed at family-oriented customers and GT Line aimed at enthusiasts who are young at heart.
The Seltos line up will get premium and smart features such as 8.0 inch heads-up-display, 10.25 inch HD touchscreen, a hi-tech sound mood lamp, a rear shade curtain, 360 degree surround view monitor, blind spot monitoring, world’s first connected air-purifier, highly advanced proprietary UVO connect system with 37 unique features for a wireless and seamless communication with the car, an 8-Speaker Bose Hi-Fi sound system with sound mood lamp and more. Host of safety features, ESC, VSM, 6 Airbags and use of AHSS- Advanced high strength steel.
The Kia Seltos will be offered in a variety of 8 sensuous colors and will get 5 dual tone options to keep the young and dynamic character of the car intact.
COLORS AVAILABLE (8 MONOTONE COLOR OPTIONS)
- Intense Red
- Aurora Black Pearl
- Glacier White Pearl
- Punchy Orange
- Intelligency Blue
- Gravity Gray
- Steel Silver
- Clear White
5 DUAL TONE COLOR OPTIONS
- Intense Red with Aurora Black Pearl
- Steel Silver with Aurora Black Pearl
- Glacier White Pearl with Aurora Black Pearl
- Steel Silver with punchy Orange
- Glacier White Pearl with Punchy Orange
- Premium Black Monotone as well as Black & Beige dual tone options
- LED headlamps with DRLs: The aesthetically crafted crown jewel LED headlamps with Heartbeat DRLs give the car sleek look and a distinctive character
- Alloy Wheels: The elegant yet sport 17.0 crystal cut alloy wheels adds to the sporty premium appeal of the car.
- LED tail Lamps: The heartbeat shaped tail lamps build on the robust stance of the car
- Sunroof: With an electric sunroof over-head, the car adds a sense of freedom and modernity to your drive with an airy cabin.
- Dual tone Interior: The dual tone interior of the car gives a premium appeal of the car.
- 2 step rear reclining seat: The seat reclining feature at the back enhances passenger comfort by enabling the freedom to change their sitting posture with ease.
- Ambient Mood Lighting: The ambient and LED sound mood lights sets your mood right for every mood.
- Ventilated & Power Seats: The specially designed Ventilated front seats and Driver power seat improves the convenience for Driver and front passenger.
- Rear Sunshade Curtain – Utmost comfort for all the occupants
- Smart Pure Air: Isolate yourself from the polluting environment with the state-of-the-art air purifier.
- Infotainment and connectivity: Stay Connected with UVO: – 37 Features | 3 Years free subscription
- UVO is an advanced, dynamic & innovative connected car solution with AI voice recognition that integrates your car, Smart phone & infotainment system into a single solution, to help provide you safe, secure, convenient, joyful experience of owning a Kia Car
- Connected 10.25 HD Touchscreen: The touchscreen and Advance 7.0 Color display panel enhances ease of driving and makes the cabin futuristic
- Bose® premium 8-speaker system: The immersive sound achieved by specially designed Bose® speakers with their Dynamic speed compensation technology, keeps you entertained on all your drives.
- Smart 8.0 Head up display: Smart 8.0 HUD displays driving information to assist safe driving by minimizing movement of driver’s line of sight and reduces distraction while driving
- 360 degree camera with BVM (Blind view monitor) & DRVM (Driving Rear View Monitor) – provides you a complete view of the exterior to avoid any unexpected incident.
- Driver 8 way Power seat
- Front ventilated seats
- Cruise Controls
- Wireless charger with cooling function
- Structure: Kia Seltos structure uses Advance high-strength steel (AHSS) to provide comprehensive safety
- 6 Airbags: Crash safety starts with airbags for Driver & front passenger which reduces the risk of injury by regulating airbag deployment.
- ESC/HAC/VSM/ABS: Driving safety of SELTOS is amplified by the active safety features like ESC / HAC / VSM / ABS which helps you keep the car in control while driving.
- All wheels Disc Brakes: Disc brakes on all wheels improves the braking performance and helps keep the vehicle under control enhancing the safety while driving
- Tyre Pressure monitoring system: Tyre Pressure Monitor helps you keep track of the tire pressure to protect you against any unexpected incident
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Kookhyun Shim, MD & CEO, Kia Motors India said –
“The Seltos has been one of the most ambitious projects for Kia Motors and even more so for Kia Motors India. The Seltos marks the arrival of Kia in India for the first time, and we have put our heart and soul into this product. The Seltos is all about surprising everyone with its premium features, distinctive design, supreme quality, refined and powerful engine options, addictive performance and so much more. It is BS-VI compliant and has undergone extensive testing to meet emission norms even with the currently available BS-IV fuel, which makes it future proof. With the most advanced set of engine, fuel and transmission options in Seltos, we are confident to address all the unmet needs of the segment today. For our new age digital savvy customer, we have also designed a complete digital journey from booking, sales and delivery to aftersales service thereby ensuring the most evolved ownership experience ever. I am confident that Seltos will redefine the entire mid SUV segment in India. ”
Further easing the buying process, Kia’s partnership with 8 leading banks of India will help the customers get the most attractive financing options with the lowest interest rates and desired paying back period. To add more comfort to the buying process for the customer, the company has designed a unique online purchase process, which begins with booking, selection, to financing and closes with delivery. Two leading banks of the country have tied up with the company to offer a complete online financing option to customers as well.
Seltos will come with Kia Motors’ comprehensive Promise to care service program which has been designed on the core philosophy of CARE-Connected, Adaptive, Responsive and Engage, which dovetails into a never before service experience for our customers. The service network of across 160 cities in India is supported by a digitized, IOT enabled Kia LINK app to efficiently manage service lifecycle. Spare parts network ensures spare parts are available across the country through 4 Parts Depots in Chennai, Navi Mumbai, Delhi NCR and Kolkata. The Seltos comes with a 3 years comprehensive warranty, extendable upto 5 years. The offering includes 24/7 Road side assistance of 3 years and scratch care program for one time free repair, amongst others.
KIA SELTOS PRICE
There will be a total of 16 variants, the all India ex-showroom prices of which are:
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTE – Rs. 9.69 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK – Rs. 9.99 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK Plus – Rs. 11.19 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTX – Rs. 12.79 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTX AT – Rs. 13.79 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.4 GTK – Rs. 13.49 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.4 GTX – Rs. 14.99 lak
- Kia Seltos 1.4 GTX AT – Rs. 15.99 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.4 GTX Plus – Rs. 15.99 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTE – Rs. 9.99 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK – Rs. 11.19 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTK Plus – Rs. 12.19 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5 HTK Plus AT – Rs. 13.19 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTX – Rs. 13.79 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTX Plus – Rs. 14.99 lakh
- Kia Seltos 1.5L HTX Plus AT- Rs. 15.99 lakh
The deliveries of the Seltos will begin today and bookings will remain open and the interested customer can purchase the Seltos at any one of the 265 customer touchpoints across 160 cities or can even purchase the car online by logging onto www.kia.com/in
To read more on Kia India, Click here
Also see: Kia Seltos debuts in India, to go on-sale in August this year