Honda SIEL has launched the much-awaited hatchback, the Honda Brio. Honda Brio is already selling in some Asian countries and it has made its way into India as well. The Brio is a small form factor car with high quality of engineering and build. Brio has been positioned below the Honda Jazz and comes with the base price of Rs. 3.95 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), and moving up to Rs 5.10 lakh for the top-end variant.
The Brio is available in four trim levels; the Rs 3.95-lakh base variant ‘E’ comes with power steering, central locking, front power windows, fuel consumption display, front and rear cup holder, beige interiors, foldable rear seat back, engine immobilizer and front chrome grille.
The ‘S’ variant, priced at Rs 4.35 lakh, gets body-coloured outside mirrors and door handles, integrated audio system with USB and Aux-in, steering-mounted audio controls, chrome inserts on AC vents, gear knob and steering wheel, keyless entry and power windows. This variant is also available with an optional package that includes driver-side i-SRS airbag and SRS airbag for passenger, ABS with EBD, tilt steering, electrically adjustable outside rear-view mirror and front and rear mudguards. The Optional variant is available at Rs 4.90 lakh – that’s Rs 55,000 more than the ‘S’.
In addition to the S (OP) variant, the top-end ‘V’ gets alloy wheels, front fog lamps and dual-tone beige interiors at Rs 5.10 lakh.
The Brio is equipped with a 1.2-litre four-cylinder SOHC motor churning out 86.7bhp at 6000rpm and 11.12kgm at 4800rpm, coupled to a five-speed manual gearbox. This is the same motor that does duty on the Jazz hatchback, offers a mileage of 18.4 kmpl.
Technical specifications of Honda Brio –
- 1.2 Litre 4 Cylinder i-VTEC Engine
- Engine Displacement 1198 CC
- Max power of 86.8 BHP @ 6000 RPM
- Max torque of 109 Nm @ 4600 RPM
- 5 Speed Manual transmission
- Minimum turning radius of 4.5m
- Front suspension – McPherson strut
- Rear Suspension – H-Shaped Torsion Beam Suspension
- Disk brakes at front
- Drum Brakes at Rear
- ABS with EBD
- Dual SRS Airbags for Safety
- Tyre Size 175/65 R14
- Kerb Weight 925 Kg
- ARAI Approved mileage 18.4 KMPL
- Length 3610 mm
- Width 1680 mm
- Height 1500 mm
- Wheelbase 2345mm
- Ground Clearance 170 mm
- BS4 Emission Norms Complaint Engine
6 Shades available in Honda Brio –
- Energetic Blue
- Rally Red
- Urban Titanium
- Alabaster Silver
- Taffeta White
- Crystal Black Pearl
Prices of Honda Brio (Ex-Showroom price, New Delhi) –
- Honda Brio E is priced at Rs.3.95 Lakhs
- Honda Brio S is priced at Rs. 4.35Lakhs
- Honda Brio S (Option Pack) is priced at Rs. 4.90 Lakhs
- Honda Brio V is priced at Rs. 5.10 Lakhs