Hero MotoCorp Impulse is the first major motorcycle that the manufacturer has launched after their split with Honda Motors. Hero MotoCorp has shown impressive growth figures after their split with Honda Motors. Hero MotoCorp posted their highest ever increase in quarterly sales last quarter, which was also their first entire quarter without Honda Motors.
Hero Impulse features solid knuckle guards, sporty high mount muffler, large and raised durable sporty fenders, straight pull spokes and motocross seat for the real off-road experience. It also features digital combi meter with ‘Service Due’ indicator, clock and digital vertical bar display fuel gauge.
In terms of looks and styling Hero Impulse 150 is different in comparison to other 150cc bikes available in India and it is first-of-its-kind bike by an Indian bike manufacturer. Impulse has a huge gap between the mudguard and the front tyre, which helps it to be driven fast across bad roads without breaking anything. Another striking styling element of Impulse 150 is the under-the-seat placement of exhaust pipe, which looks very cool and refreshing.
The engine is powered by the same 149.1 cc motor that powers CBZ X-treme, Hunk and Achiever, producing 13.2 BHP of power at 7500 RPM and 13.4 Nm of torque at 5000 RPM. The torque has been increased for better off-road response. The engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox.
The chassis of Impulse 150 is tubular steel frame, which is very strong. The suspension is dual swing arm, rectangular and also features a single shock absorber that is gas charged. The wheelbase of the bike is 1360mm and rear disc brake is drum-type while front brake is disc-type of 240mm dia. The rim at the front is a couple of inches larger than the rear at 19” and is helpful in tackling corners effectively.
The chassis is strengthened with high tensile steel to take all the abusive loading on the bike. The ground clearance is 245 mm and is provided with telescopic forks at the front and a mono-shock at the rear. The bike rides on 17 inch wheels. Going by the pricing, the bike makes a good value for money product but the market forces will decide how popular it becomes.
Hero MotoCorp has priced the Impulse quite sensibly at Rs. 69,963/- (ex-showroom, Mumbai) and Rs. 78,330/- (on-road, Mumbai), which makes it good value considering the heightened capabilities of the motorcycle. Meanwhile, you can check out the official website of Hero Impulse, click here.
Technical specifications of Hero MotoCorp Impulse 150 –
- Type – Air cooled, 4- stroke single cylinder OHC, Self start
- Displacement – 149.2cc
- Max. Power – 9.7 kW (13.2 Ps) @ 7500 rpm
- Max. Torque – 13.4 N-m @ 5000 rpm
- Ingnition – D.C – CDI Ignition System
Transmission & Chassis
- Gear box – 5 Speed constant mesh
- Front – Telescopic Hydraulic Shock Absorbers
- Rear – Swing Arm with Mono Suspension with Nitrox
- Front Brake – Dia 240 mm Disc
- Rear Brake Drum – Internal expanding shoe type (110 mm)
Wheels & Tyres
- Tyre Size Front – 90 / 90 x 19 – 52 P
- Tyre Size Rear – 110 / 90 x 17 – 60 P
- Battery – 12 V – 4 Ah, MF Battery
- Head Light – 12 V – 35 W / 35 W – Halogen Bulb (Multi -Reflector Type)
- Tail Stop Lamp – 12V – 0.5 W / 4.1 W LED Lamp
- Turn Signal Lamp – 12 V – 10 W (Amber Bulb) x 4 nos (Multi-Reflector-Clear Lens)
- Wheelbase – 1360mm
- Ground Clearance – 245 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 11.1 Litre (Min) – 2.6 Litre (Usable Reserve)
5 Shades available in Hero MotoCorp Impulse 150 –
- Tar Black
- Deep Blue Sea
- Terra Rossa
- Grassland Green
- Canyon Orange
Also see – Hero MotoCorp launches Impulse 150 at Rs. 66,800/-
Hero MotoCorp150cc ‘Impulse’ Dirt Bike Specifications, Images & Price
See more pictures of Hero MotoCorp Impulse 150 –
(Special thanks to West Coast Motors, Mangalore for the pictures)