Iconic bike maker Harley Davidson has added a new model, Forty-Eight to its Indian portfolio, priced at Rs 8.50 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The new Harley-Davidson Forty-Eight is a factory custom in the legendary tradition of the hot rod Sportster line with the raw, elemental appeal of the Dark Custom bikes.
Riding low with a slammed suspension and featuring the classic ‘peanut’ fuel tank, the Forty-Eight is powered by a 1200 cc V-Twin engine. The low solo seat, under-mounted mirrors, side mount license plate, clean rear fender and tall and fat front tire emphasize the Forty-Eight’s focus on chiseled customization.
The Forty-Eight has more than just custom cool styling with the smooth ride on new front fork sliders, a tall and fat front tire and slammed rear suspension. With Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and performance tuning with a broad torque curve, the Forty-Eight motorcycle delivers a powerfully responsive ride with smooth clutch effort.
Bookings for the Forty-Eight will commence in April 2011, at Harley-Davidson dealerships around India. Recently Harley Davidson had said it would not hike prices of its two models to be assembled in India despite an increase in import duty for completely knocked down parts. The company, which is setting up an assembly unit at Bawal in Haryana, had said it was evaluating options in the wake of the new CKD norms, resulting in higher import duty.
16 Reasons Why you may like 2011 Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight –
- Blacked out rubber-mounted Evolution 1200 cc V-Twin engine with polished covers
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Steel 2.1-gallon peanut fuel tank with lightening hole mounting bracket
- One-piece, solo Sportster classic seat
- 26-inch seat height
- Tall and fat 130 mm Dunlop MT90 front tire
- 16-inch Black Steel Laced wheels
- Low profile custom handlebar
- Under-mounted mirrors
- New front forks with wide triple clamps
- Chopped front fender mounted on fork brace with lightening holes
- Blacked components including air cleaner cover, clutch and brake levers and turn signals
- Chopped rear fender
- Stop-turn-tail lights
- Side-mounted license plate
- Two-year factory warranty
Also see – Harley Davidson not to hike CKD models prices
More pictures of 2011 Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight –