Iconic bike maker Harley Davidson has added a new model, 2012 Fat Bob Cruiser to its Indian portfolio, priced at Rs 12,80,000/- (ex-showroom Delhi) and it is assembled in India through completely knocked down(CKD) kits. With this, the American brand now assembles 6 out of the 13 motorcycles it sells in India, which is nearly half of its Indian portfolio and other bikes are coming as CBU (Completely Built Unit).
The 2012 Fat Bob is available for immediate bookings across all nine Harley Davidson dealerships in India. Coming to the bike itself, the Fat Bob is a unique piece of kit for the Harley Davidson enthusiast. It comes powered by an air-cooled, 1585cc, Twin Cam V-twin motor that is coupled to a 6-speed gearbox. The changes to the internals of the engine allow it to produce 126 Nm of torque @ 3500 rpm. It will compete directly with the likes of the Suzuki Intruder 1800 and the Honda Fury.
The new 2012 Harley Davidson Fat Bob can be bought in a choice of color options including Vivid Black, Flame Blue Pearl, Black Ice Pearl, Scarlet Red and Silver Pearl. For those who are interested in figures, the new bike features 16 inch alloy wheels which are shod with 130 mm tyre at front and a 180 mm deal at rear. The bike anchoring duties are courtesy a twin disc brake set-up at front and a single at rear. The bike comes with an option of ABS and has a dry weight of 305 kgs.
Technical Specification of 2012 Harley Davidson Fat Bob –
- Length – 2330mm
- Seat Height – 690mm
- Wheelbase – 1620mm
- Ground Clearance – 125 mm
Dunlop Harley-Davidson Series, bias blackwall front and rear
- Front – D427F 130/90B16 67H
- Rear – D427 180/70B16 77H
- Front – Machined Aluminum Slotted Disc 16 in. x 3 in. (406 mm x 76 mm)
- Rear – Machined Aluminum Slotted Disc 16 in. x 5 in. (406 mm x 127 mm)
- Engine – Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103TM
- Displacement (cc) – 1585cc
- Fuel System – Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Transmission – 6-Speed Cruise Drive®
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 18.8 litre
- Weight – 305kg