BMW India has launched the 3-Series convertible 330D. The BMW 330D is for those who love the fast wind above their head, while enjoying the performance of the car. This is not the only convertible model from BMW’s stable as the company also offers BMW Z4 and BMW 650i. The BMW 330d Convertible is priced at Rs 57,00,000 ex-showroom Delhi, which is almost 3.5 lakhs less than the sportier BMW Z4.
The 650i is the most expensive convertible and features a soft top whereas the Z4 is a less expensive option with a retractable hard top. The 330D also comes with a retractable hard top and equips a 3.0 Liter, 6 cylinder diesel engine with single turbocharger and together they are capable of developing 245 BHP of max power and a whopping 520 Nm of peak torque. Coupled with the engine is a 7 speed double clutch automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
The car’s performance figures are impressive as well. The car sprints from 0 – 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds and has a top speed of 245 km/hr. The car is a three piece system where the roof folds completely in a quick 22 seconds and fits into the boot thereby reducing the overall capacity from 350 liters to 140 liters.
Some of the features offered with 330D convertible are Dynamic Stability Control, Dynamic Traction Control and other active and passive safety features. Also Longer wheelbase, sporty dual mufflers at the rear, M sport edition interiors are to name some. Meanwhile, you can check out the new BMW 330d Convertible on BMW India’s official website .
Technical specifications of BMW 330D Convertible Model –
- Cylinders/valves: 6/4
- Capacity in cc: 2,993
- Stroke/bore in mm: 90.0/84.0
- Max. output in kW (hp): 180 (245)/4,000 RPM
- Max. torque in Nm: 520/1,750-3,000 RPM
- Compression ratio: 16.5:1
- Tyre dimensions front: 225/45 R17 Y
- Tyre dimensions rear: 255/40 R17 V
- Wheel dimensions and material front: 8 J x 17 inches, light-alloy
- Wheel dimensions and material rear: 8 1/2 J x 17 inches, light-alloy
- Urban in l/100 km: 7.7
- Extra-urban in l/100 km: 5.2
- Combined in l/100 km: 6.1
- CO2 emissions in g/km: 162
- Tank capacity, approx. in l: 61
- Unladen weight EU in kg: 1,825
- Unladen weight EU in kg: 2,180
- Permitted load in kg: 430
- Permitted axle load front/rear in kg: 1,005/1,200
Also see – BMW 3 Series convertible 330D coming to India soon!
See more pictures of BMW 3-Series convertible –