Bajaj Auto Limited (BAL), the leading Indian Two wheeler-maker, launched a new edition of its popular 100 cc bike Bajaj Discover in the Indian market on Thursday. The all new Discover 100 is the 2011 edition of this bike. The company said on the occasion that it has sold over 40 lakh Discover brand bikes since its introduction in the market in year 2004. To celebrate this success, Bajaj Auto is introducing the 2011 edition of the largest selling variant of Discover- Discover 100, it added.
The company has offered this latest edition of Bajaj Discover in new exciting multi-colour decals in two options of red magenta and gold green. The multicolor decal of the bike has been blessed with a charismatic ‘Auto Colour change’ feature.
In auto colour change, the bike’s colour changes between two shades depending on the angle of sunlight. According to the company, the all new ‘Auto Colour change’ feature has been introduced for the first time in the motor cycle industry and this could well be the first one to have this feature in the entire auto industry.
According to a statement given by Bajaj Auto’s President (Motor-cycles), S Sridhar, “We have recently appointed more than 130 additional dealers and I expect them to contribute towards the growth of Discover next year. So with a wider network and with the new product innovation, Discover should also keep growing,”
The new Discover 100 carries the same segment leading fuel economy of 80KMPL, better than the mileage of many of its competitors in the 100CC bike segment. The (Ex-Showroom price, Delhi Rs. 41,736/-) which is quite competitive in the 100 CC segment with such innovative features and attractive looks.
2011 Bajaj Discover 100 Features –
The main features of Bajaj Discover 100 include:
- 100 CC DTSi Petrol engine with dual spark plug for good mileage and power
- Digital ignition control, Twin Spark and Swirl injection for better engine performance
- Throttle responsive ignition control system III rd generation. It is a means of controlling the ignition by operating the throttle. Depending on the needs of the rider whether it be cruising, acceleration or max speed, the ignition requirements constantly change. Based on a particular amount of throttle opening, the magnetic field generated by the magnet opens or closes the reed switch. The reed switch is connected to the digital CDI, which signals the CDI to change switch, the desired ignition advance timing maps. This helps in achieving a good balance between drivability and optimum ignition spark advance, resulting in an almost perfect ignition spark advance for every throttle opening and engine rpm.
- 5 gears manual transmission with all down for comfortable riding
- Patented ExhausTEC technology for better torque at low RPM – ExhausTEC is a device incorporated in exhaust system of ‘Discover DTS-Si ’engine. ‘TEC’ stands for ‘Torque Expansion Chamber’.This world-first technology developed by Bajaj Auto
improves the ‘Scavenging’ process. The exhaust system has this revolutionary feature incorporated, which drastically improves engine torque at low revs without compromising anything at mid or high engine revs. It has been extensively optimized to get the maximum possible performance out of the engine. The Silencer also has a characteristic tonal quality to it. It gives out a pleasant sounding low frequency ‘boom’ sound. While meeting the mandatory current noise norms, it gives the bike an identity, which is different from any other bike, so as to make it very unique.
- Long travel front hydraulic suspension
- Gas filled rear suspension for conformable ride
- Electric Start
- Automatic Choke – This is a new and innovative technology which uses the choke automatically in cold weather
- Long Wheelbase for stable riding and higher safety
- Twin pilot lamp for better visibility
- Pass Switch for safe overtaking
- Maintenance free battery for better reliability and less hassle
- Anti-friction bushes used in suspension for longer suspension life
- Ride Control Switch – This feature has been specifically introduced to enable the Rider to have a non-distracting / non-intrusive indication of an impending change between Economy zone cruising and Power zone cruising. The entire concept is based on Feel. Among the most sensitive parts for a Scooter rider, his / her hands are the most sensitive. The changes in effort required to open the throttle can also be felt very sensitively. This forms the basis for the Ride Control Switch Advantages of the Ride Control Switch Once enabled, the throttle feel / force felt at the throttle will very immediately inform the Rider that he is about to transgress the Fuel Economy zone. He does not have to look at the speedo console for speeds / rpms to be
maintained, lights to glow or audible alarms to be heard. There is absolutely no safety issue, as there are no visual or audible distractions like the other systems. The rider can concentrate on the road/traffic conditions ahead and modulate the throttle, instead of his attention getting diverted. Being very simple and robust in design, there is virtually no chances of failure and it requires almost no maintenance
2011 Bajaj Discover 100 Technical Specifications –
|Single Cylinder 4 Stroke air cooled engine|
|94.38 CC displacement|
|Max Power 7.6BHP @ 7500 RPM|
|Max Torque 7.85 Nm @ 5000 RPM|
|5 Gear Mutilate Wet Clutch gearbox|
|Front suspension travel of 130 mm|
|Rear Nitrox Suspension travel of 110 mm|
|Large front Disk brakes 130mm in dia|
|Large rear Disk brakes 110mm in dia|
|17 Inch Unidirectional tyres|
|8 Litre Fuel tank with 2.3 Litre Reserve|
|Single Down Tube Chassis|
|LED Tail Lamps|
|Length = 2040mm; width=760mm; Height = 1087mm;|
|Wheelbase = 1305 mm; Ground Clearance = 162mm;|
|Kerb Weight = 115 Kg|
|Fuel Mileage of 89 KMPL|
More pictures of New Bajaj Discover 100 –