Japanese bike manufacturer, Honda has just unveiled a very interesting motorcycle in the form of the 2013 Honda MSX125 motorcycle. The 2013 MSX125 is a world bike and Honda reveals it plans to launch this interesting new motorcycle in many parts of the world. MSX stands for ‘Mini Street Xtreme’ and the company says that the MSX125 is a fun motorcycle for beginners.
The motorcycle is powered by a 125125cc air-cooled single cylinder engine, which develops a modest 10bhp at 7000rpm and 10.9Nm of torque at 5500rpm, and transfers power to rear wheel via a 4-speed manual transmission. The engine comes with Honda’s patented PGM-FI fuel injection, which provides it a better performance.
The MSX 125 features a 12-inch wheel. It has a steel frame chassis and comes with monoshock suspension at the rear and inverted forks upfront. It also has hydraulic disc brakes and low profile tyres. It will be available in Asteroid Black Metallic, Pearl Himalayas White, Pearl Queen Bee Yellow and Pearl Valentine Red colours, starting from Spring, in Italy.
As of now, Honda has revealed the MSX 125 is specially designed for the European and Japanese markets. Besides this, many countries of South East Asia will play host to the Honda MSX125, but unfortunately it is not coming to India anytime soon. The pricing information has not been disclosed yet.
Check out the video below the jump.
Technical Specifications of Honda MSX 125 –
- Type: Single-cylinder, 2-valve, air-cooled
- Displacement: 124.9 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 52.4 mm x 57.9 mm
- Compression ratio: 9.3: 1
- Maximum power: 7.2 kW (10 hp) @ 7000 r / min
- Maximum torque: 10.9 [email protected] rev / min
- Oil capacity: 1.1 liters
- Carburetion: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Fuel tank capacity: 5.5 liters
- Starter: Electric
- Battery: 12V 3.5Ah
- Power alternator: [email protected] rev / min
- Clutch: Multiplate in oil bath
- Gearbox: Manual 4-speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Type: Single beam steel back
- (L × W × H) 1,760 x 755 x 1,010 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,200 mm
- Rake: 25 °
- Trail: 81 mm
- Seat height: 765 mm
- Ground clearance: 160 mm
- Weight with full odm: 101, 7 kg
- Turning radius: 1.9 m
- Front. Inverted fork, 31mm stanchions
- Post. Monoshock, swingarm boxed steel
- Front: Die-cast aluminum Y-spoke
- Rear: Die-cast aluminum arm Y
- Dimensions: Ant. 12 x MT 2.50 – Post. 12 x MT 2:50
- Tyres: Ant. 120/70-12 / Post. 130/70-12
- Front. 220 mm disc with dual-piston calliper
- Post. 190 mm disc with single-piston caliper
Instrument and Electrical
- Dashboard: LCD Digital Display, features: tachometer, speedometer, fuel gauge and clock
- Lights: Front light group combined with lamp 35W/35W HS1 double-stranded. LED taillight.