A year after Mercedes introduced a ’Grand Edition’ model for the ML-Class SUV in India, the German automaker is welcoming their second SUV that has been given the same ’Grand Edition’ badge. We also expect Mercedes-Benz India to launch the GL-Class Grand Edition in India in a couple of months.
This, of course, is the new Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Grand Edition, an intimidating special edition SUV that has been given plenty of new exterior and interior features that emphatically promotes its exclusivity or, in Merc parlance, its “Grand Edition-ness”.
Similar to the ML-Class Grand Edition, the GL-Class version packs plenty of wonderful new features on both its exterior and interior. All these additions should make up for the fact that despite its designation, the German automaker still opted to keep the powertrains untouched.
So what’s so Grand?
- Dark-tinted headlamps, a radiator grille with black, high-gloss louvres and a redesigned front bumper with integrated LED daytime running lamps
- Two- tone leather seats and black ash wood trim inside the cabin
- “Grand Edition” badge on the centre console
- Sports pedals in brushed stainless steel
- Special light-alloy wheels with 275/50 R 20 tyres
Also see – Mercedes Benz Launches SL350 and GL500
More pictures of the Mercedes-Benz GL Grand Edition –