Just yesterday we reported you with some of the spy pictures of new Hyundai i20 facelift spied at the dealer yard in Goa and now a day later, we get official update from Hyundai India about the launch of new Hyundai i20 2012 new model which will be called “Hyundai i20 iGen”. Available in as many as 12 variants, prices starting from Rs 4.73 lakh for the base petrol to Rs 7.67 lakh for the top end automatic variant, ex-Delhi. The prices are approximately up by Rs 20,000 than the previous version.
As you can see in the photos, the new Hyundai i20 gets a light dose of Hyundai’s latest fluidic sculpture design language with updated headlights, taillights, bumpers and a re-sculpted bonnet. The popular ‘F1-nose-like’ creases on the bonnet now make way for simpler lines and the bonnet size itself has reduced too. Also on offer are new eight spoke alloys, a roof spoiler, high-gloss treatment for the front grille, ORVM mounted turn blinkers etc.
New features include a reverse camera with display in the cabin mirror, auto-headlights, six airbags, four-wheel disc brakes, supervision cluster and rain-sensing wipers, a smart key with push-button start, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear knob, electric folding and heated wing mirrors, tilt and telescopic steering wheel and a 2DIN CD/MP3 audio system with four speakers, USB, aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity along with steering mounted audio controls.
A number of first- in-segment features are available in the i-Gen i20 like Rear Parking Camera with display in the cabin mirror, Electro Chromic Mirror which offers anti-glare vision during night time driving, Clean Air-Cluster ionizer for fresh air in the cabin, Auto Headlight Control Function (the lights turn on automatically when visibility drops), 6 Airbags, Rear Disc Brakes, Supervision Cluster and Rain Sensing Wipers.
The new i20 now comes with two petrol and one diesel engine options. Petrol engines include a new 84bhp 1.2 Kappa petrol engine with Dual VTVT mated to a five-speed manual transmission and a 1.4-litre 98bhp Gamma unit mated to a five-speed automatic gearbox. Also on offer is an 88bhp 1.4 CRDi diesel that comes with a six-speed manual transmission.
According to the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), the i-Gen i20 petrol (1.2 Kappa Dual VTVT) delivers a mileage of 18.5 kmpl the diesel variant (1.4 CRDi) delivers a mileage of 21.9 kmpl and the automatic transmission variant (1.4 ltr petrol) delivers 15 kmpl which make it fuel-efficient and economical to drive.
Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 New Model Variants and Price In India –
Prices of Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Petrol variant (Ex-showroom Delhi) –
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Era Petrol is priced at Rs. 4,73,400
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Magna Petrol is priced at Rs. 4,97,310
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Magna (O) Petrol is priced at Rs. 5,27,278
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Sportz Petrol is priced at Rs. 5,75,247
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Asta Petrol is priced at Rs. 6,21,082
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Asta (O) With Sunroof Petrol is priced at Rs. 6,65,894
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Sportz AT Petrol is priced at Rs. 7,67,405
Prices of Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Diesel variant (Ex-showroom Delhi) –
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Era Diesel is priced at Rs. 5,96,405
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Magna Diesel is priced at Rs. 6,20,243
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Magna (O) Diesel is priced at Rs. 6,50,213
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Sportz Diesel is priced at Rs. 6,98,183
- Hyundai i20 iGen 2012 Asta Diesel is priced at Rs. 7,44,013