No, it doesn’t have a factory-fitted turbocharger or supercharger and it won’t do 400km/h. However, the 2012 Kawasaki ZZR1400 (Ninja ZX-14R in the US) does get a slightly bigger engine – 1441cc – that produces about 200-210 horsepower. It also gets an updated fuel-injection system, three-mode traction control system, redesigned exhaust system, revised styling, improved ergonomics, tweaked chassis, longer swingarm (length increased by 10mm over its predecessor), slipper clutch and uprated brakes and suspension.
Kawasaki haven’t made any claims regarding the 2012 ZZR1400’s performance, though we’ll readily believe its acceleration should be intense and top speed could well be in the region of 320km/h. The bike costs about $14.699 in US which is roughly around 7 Lakh in India but since the duties have not been added yet, the price will be somewhere above 12 Lakh in India. But it’s still value for money what’s probably the world’s fastest production streetbike right now. We’d have ours in black, with a Yoshimura exhaust system that’s a bit lighter and a bit louder than the stock unit. No, really, we love this bike.
- Engine – Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four valve per cylinder, Inline-Four
- Bore x Stroke – 84.0 x 65.0mm
- Compression Ratio – 12.3:1
- Fuel Delivery – Fuel-injection
- Transmission – 6-speed
- Final Drive – X-Ring chain
- Front Suspension – 43mm inverted fork with adjustable preload, 18-way compression and 15-way rebound damping adjustment; 4.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension – Bottom-link Uni-Trak and gas-charged shock with adjustable preload, stepless rebound and compression damping adjustments, adjustable ride height; 4.9 in. travel
- Front Brakes – 310mm Dual semi-floating petal discs with dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers
- Rear Brake – 250mm petal disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Wheel – 120/70 ZR17
- Rear Wheel – 190/50 ZR17
- Curb Weight – 584.3 lbs.
- Wheelbase – 58.3 in.
- Length – 85.4 in.
- Rake – 23 deg. Trail: 3.7 in.
- Seat Height – 31.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity – 22 liters
3 Shades available in 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R –
- Metallic Spark Black
- Candy Surf Blue
- Golden Blazed Green with special graphics (SE)
Also see – 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Special Edition Unleashed
More pictures of the 2012 Kawasaki ZZR1400 –