After the recent success of the predecessor of KTM, the all new KTM Duke 390 has been launched a couple of days ago last week since it had been caught testing in Mumbai-Pune highway around three months ago. The KTM Duke 390 is combined with maximum riding pleasure, easy to handle because of its lightweight, power packed engine.
Along with the launch of the KTM Duke 390, there was one more launch last week by Honda where they introduced the all-new CBR 250R motorcycle.
- KTM Duke 390 is powered with a 373.2 cc engine which delivers a maximum power of 44PS at 9,500rpm at a torque of 35Nm at 7,250rpm.
- Honda CBR 250R is powered with a 250 cc engine which delivers a maximum power of 25.3PS at a torque of 22.9Nm.
KTM Duke 390 is priced at 1,83,063 INR (ex-showroom price Bangalore) and is comparatively around 15000 INR less than the all-new Honda CBR 250R which is priced at 1,98,429 INR (ex-showroom price Bangalore).
- CBR250R takes around 9.2 seconds to do the 0-100 km/hr sprint whereas Duke 390 does the same only under 6 seconds and hence Duke 390 is clear winner in this section.
- KTM Duke 390 is being provided with Metzeler tyres which come from a brand Pirelli instead of MRF Zapper and the huge powerful engine together combined makes the Duke 390 excellent in handling and more preferable than the CBR 250R.
- Duke 390 has a good resale value compared to CBR 250R whose resale value is already quite bad.
- Both the bikes are provided with a 6-speed manual transmission.
- Duke 390 is featured with a Tubular space frame made from chrome molybdenum steel, powder-coated front suspension instead of the Telescopic fork used in CBR 250R.
- Duke 390 also features WP Suspension Up Side Down as the rear suspension whereas CBR 250R comes with a pro-link rear suspension.
- Both the bikes are featured with Low fuel warning lamp, pilot lamps, LED tail lights, body graphics, tachometer, trip meter, clock, digital speedometer, digital fuel indicator, pass switch, ABS, self start and a 17″ inch alloy wheel. However CBR 250R is also featured with a clip on handle bars but is no match for Duke 390’s fuel and ignition system provided by Bosch.
- Both the bikes are not featured with kick start and projector headlights.
- Both the bikes come with a front and rear disk brakes.
- Duke 390 has larger ground clearance of 170 mm compared to 145 mm ground clearance provided by CBR 250R.
- CBR 250R has an extra 2 km/l mileage than Duke 390 which provides 38 km/l.
Overall KTM Duke 390 is the best bike in this comparison keeping in mind price, huge performance and additional features. Meanwhile, also check out the comparison between Bajaj Pulsar 200NS VS KTM 200 Duke, click here.
Tags: CBR250R difference 390 Duke India, Comparison between Honda CBR 250R and KTM Duke 390, Comparison between KTM Duke 390 and Honda CBR 250R, Comparo 390 Duke CBR 250R India, Duke 390 V/s 250R CBR, Duke 390 versus CBR 250R, Honda CBR 250R vs KTM Duke 390, KTM 390 comparison CBR 250 R15 Ninja 300, KTM 390 Duke VS Honda CBR 250R, KTM Duke 390 Honda CBR250R Compared