A couple of weeks back we had posted a photo of the Tata Safari Merlin without any camouflage, now our friends at OnCars.in have snapped the Tata Safari Merlin on test in outskirts of Pune. OnCars.in have added a bunch of pointers which we will use on our version of the story –
- The Safari Merlin has projector headlamps
- The reason for delay, OnCars.in writes, is because of JLR’s developments on the SUV
- Front end will be boxier with U-shape headlights
- Like the current gen Safari ORVMs will have indicator lights
- Footrest for the 3rd row passengers is foldable
- Twin exhausts like the Aria lend the rear visual thump
- Tail lamps have been redesigned and the spare wheel is sent under the car
- A host of airbags, ABS, EBD and traction control will be borrowed from the Aria.
Expected to be a good handler, the Merlin will feature 158mm disc brakes all around. The wheelbase is also expected to increase thus hinting towards more rear legroom. The Merlin is expected to launch in the festive season this year.
Also see – Spied – 2011 Tata Safari Merlin in Pune
Source – OnCars.in