You asked for them so we’re keeping them coming – here is our first article on Top 10 things you need to know about car – Maruti Suzuki Swift. Let’s get it started.
Top 10 things you need to know about the Maruti Suzuki Swift –
1. Maruti Suzuki Swift available now on-sale in India is the third-generation Swift, the new Swift has its wheelbase extended by 50 millimeters over the previous second generation and has many visual updates with every new outer panel.
2. The interiors of new Swift are all-new and central console is inspired by the Kizashi. It features all-new instrument cluster, new design for central console, steering mounted audio controls, automatic climate control system and dash integrated music system with AUX, USB port, 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The orange back-lit central console looks very cool and gives a feel of a premium hatchback.
3. The new Swift comes with host of comfort and convenience like automatic climate control, driver seat height adjuster, 12V accessory socket in the luggage area, electromagnetic type tailgate opener, steering mounted audio controls, power steering with adjustment, power windows, remote central locking, dash integrated music system, rear window wiper and de-mister.
4. Power for the Maruti Swift will come from two engine choices the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.3-litre diesel. The petrol powered model has a 1.2-litre, 87PS K-series four cylinder engine with VVT. The diesel engine comes from the Italian car maker Fiat, 1.3-litre Multijet engine that churns out 75 Bhp-190 Nm power and torque figures.
5. Kitna dehti hai? The new Swift Petrol is expected to return mileage of around 19 kmpl on highway and 13 kmpl in city. While the new Swift Diesel will return 25 kmpl on highway and 18 kmpl in city.
6. Maruti Swift is available in six variants, including three of petrol and three of diesel. The base variant of Swift petrol is LXi and base model of Swift diesel is LDi, the mid variant of petrol is VXi and diesel is VDi. The top-end variant of petrol is ZXi and of diesel is ZDi.
7. Safety features in top-end Swift include dual front airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), keyless entry and seatbelt pre-tensioners.
8. 6 shades available in Maruti Swift – Blazing Red, Torque Blue, Silky Silver, Arctic White, Glistening Grey and Midnight black.
9. Waiting period for the Swift diesel model is around 3-4 months, while the Swift petrol model is around 1-2 months (both the models waiting period are based on the variant and shade). If you have patience to wait further, Maruti has future plans to introduce Swift Sport with 1.4-litre petrol engine!
10. Prices for the base petrol variant start at Rs 4.91 lakh and Rs 6.14 lakh for the base diesel variant (both prices are on-road, Delhi) – that makes it cheaper than the Volkswagen Polo and the Hyundai i20.
See more pictures of New Suzuki Swift –