Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni) is an avid lover of motorbikes. He possesses around 22 bikes including Kawasaki ZX14 and Harley-Davidson FLSTF Fat Boy, which he bought soon after the victory of World Cup Twenty20. He recently bought himself a state of the art confederate Hellcat motorcycle.
Recently on FB fan page, he posted two photos of his “unusual” bike that got all his fans talking. Sources reveal that “Dhoni is obsessed with bikes and it doesn’t come as a surprise that he has made another addition to his list of mean machines. MS Dhoni is the first person in South East Asia to have an X132 Hellcat. It costs him 49,500 USD (around Rs. 27 lakh). Dhoni is in Delhi now and will be taking this bike to Ranchi. He imported this bike during the IPL season. Now that the IPL is over, he will have time to tame his Hellcat.” For those not in the loop, David Beckham has a limited edition F131 Hellcat Combat motorcycle.
Dhoni’s brother-in-law Gautam Gupta further added saying, “Dhoni has 11 bikes in Ranchi. He has two others in Chennai and two more in Mumbai. He has nine cars and all of them are in Ranchi. He is expected to return to his hometown on June 10. We haven’t had any discussion regarding this Hellcat.”
About the Hellcat motorcycle (Wikipedia) -
Confederate Motors, Inc. is a manufacturer of exotic street motorcycles based in Birmingham, Alabama. It was founded by trial lawyer H. Matthew Chambers in 1991, to enlighten motorcycle designs through true American inspiration. The company’s first motorcycle rolled off the production line there on November 11, 1994. Over 500 first generation Hellcat models were built from 1996 to 2001.
In 2007, the companies crown jewels the B120 Wraith and F131 Hellcat took first and second place respectively in the AMD World Championship of Custom Bike Building show at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, in the production manufacturer category.
See more pictures of X132 Hellcat motorcycle -
Technical specifications of Confederate X132 Hellcat -
Engine and transmission -
- Displacement: 2163.23 ccm (132.00 cubic inches)
- Engine type: V2, four-stroke
- Engine details: X 132 Copperhead, 56° V-Twin. One-piece Forged Crank.
- Power: 132.00 HP (96.4 kW))
- Torque: 196.62 Nm (20.0 kgf-m or 145.0 ft.lbs)
- Bore x stroke: 111.8 x 111.8 mm (4.4 x 4.4 inches)
- Fuel system: Injection
- Fuel control: DOHC
- Gearbox: 5-speed
- Transmission type,
- final drive: Shaft drive (cardan)
Chassis, suspension, brakes and wheels -
- Frame type: 3 inch 120 wall hard steel backbone; 2 inch 120 wall hard steel downtube; Hand TIG wld fabrication
- Rake (fork angle): 27.5°
- Front suspension: Custom Marzocchi RAC 50mm Fork; Rebound and Compression Adjustable for Low and High Speed Actuation
- Front suspension travel: 81 mm (3.2 inches)
- Rear suspension: Custom Race Tech Coil-Over-Shock; Rebound and Compression Adjustable for Low and High Speed Actuation
- Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-ZR17
- Rear tyre dimensions: 190/55-ZR17
- Front brakes: Double disc. Dual Beringer 4 Piston AEROTEC Radial Calipers; Dual Beringer AERONAL Floating Stainless Steel Discs
- Rear brakes: Single disc. Single 2 Piston Brembo Monobloc Caliper; Cross-drilled Brembo Stainless Steel Disc
- Wheels: Carbon fiber
Physical measures and capacities -
- Dry weight: 226.8 kg (500.0 pounds)
- Power/weight ratio: 0.5820 HP/kg
- Seat height: 711 mm (28.0 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
- Oil capacity: 4.90 litres (0.32 quarts)
Other specifications -
- Starter: Electric
- Instruments: Motogadget Precision Analogue Tachometer; Digital Speed, Status
- Light: Integrated high intensity discharge headlamp
- Seat: Solo with Removable Passenger Seat
- Color options: Black/silver
Also see – MS Dhoni to be Gifted a HH CBZ X-treme
MS Dhoni Gifted with Ferrari 599 GTO India Edition
Image Credit – Facebook (MS Dhoni)